IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've been using DNSAdvantage for a few months.
It seems much, much faster than my cable provider's (Cox). I changed during the summer, I think, when it often seemed to be taking several seconds for each name resolution.

Dunno if there are any issues in using such a service, but I figure I'm such a small-fry that it's not much to worry about. At least so far...

I just noticed that Google has a free public DNS as well - http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Cheers,
Scott.
New I remember when they announced that.
You'd think that ISPs would pick up their game when that happened. Or maybe they were thinking "Meh - the knowledgeable will use them and stop bothering us". :-/

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New I use a Verizon DNS server a lot . . .
. . because 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 are really easy to remember. The only other one I can remember is AT&T (former SBC (formerly PacBell)) 206.13.29.12 and 30.12 simply because I've used them for so many years. All these give pretty good response.
     Comcast's DNS has really sucked lately - (malraux) - (6)
         I've been using DNSAdvantage for a few months. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I remember when they announced that. - (static) - (1)
                 I use a Verizon DNS server a lot . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         I've been using my stuff... -NT - (folkert)
         DNS benchmarking - (malraux) - (1)
             Neat. Says I should be using my ISP's: 102% faster. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)

Given sufficient thrust, even pigs can fly. You just don't want to be around when they come back down.
59 ms