IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well at least I'm heading in the same direction...
And I was about 1-1/2 steps away from that trick on #5. I was just starting to get frustrated at doing the whole war file generation and was wondering if I could get Tomcat to look at before Maven bundles it all up... Or even after IntelliJ does it's own build.

I'm only using IntelliJ because that's what everyone else uses for Java. And we've got licenses. I'm tempted to go back to vi (which I use for the older PHP app) but I still need the raw Java help (I like the auto-import, for instance). I coudn't make Eclipse see an existing SVN checkout, but that was before I started learning Java. I hadn't heard of NetBeans.

You'd think Tomcat's predilection to throw away a configuration file that it didn't even create would be a reported bug. (Now that might be entertaining.) Glad I'm not the only one struck by that one!

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New Netbeans... (not exactly answering any questions here)
I started out with Netbeans for Java IDE (~2000). One session on the uber-IDE and I never went back. It may have changed a lot since then, but at the time, Netbeans took longer to start up than it took Eclipse to launch, compile and execute a program... (and it had that funky Metal Swing UI where Eclipse used SWT. Ick...)
     I'm struggling with this Java lark... - (static) - (4)
         welcome to java :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Re: I'm struggling with this Java lark... - (mvitale) - (2)
             Well at least I'm heading in the same direction... - (static) - (1)
                 Netbeans... (not exactly answering any questions here) - (scoenye)

Learn to love the Questions.
--Rilke, Rainer Maria
117 ms