IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Funny - am I remembering this wrong, or...
...are the media consistently reporting this the wrong way around, lately?

From the [link|http://news.com.com/2100-1001-866209.html|article:]
Last June, a federal appeals court threw out some of the charges against Microsoft but upheld a lower court ruling that the company had illegally maintained its Windows software monopoly in personal computer operating systems.
They're saying, in effect, that ONE ruling was upheld, but "some" -- which could well mean, ALL the rest of them; especially given that "only one" [as per the preceding] was upheld -- were thrown out. But wasn't it actually only ONE that got "THROWN OUT", and ALL THE REST UPHELD?

I'm sure I've seen close variations of their exact phraseology before; this seems to have been the standard way of reporting it since at least around New Year's last. (Then again, it could be that the phenomenon is limited to "only" CNET and affiliates -- but from what I gather, with its affiliates, CNET *is* pretty much the on-line IT media, at least in the USA.)

Am I wrong on the facts? And, if I'm not, has anybody else noticed the same phenomenon in the reporting of them?
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New You're not wrong. Propaganda at work.
Watch Microsoft's version of reality (the judgement we designed for ourselves is tough but fair, the DoJ never really had a chance even though they won, and MS never did anything really wrong anyway) go out through the US news agencies.

Ho-hum. Now that this shit is sanctified by the DoJ, the world is stuck with Microsoft quality, Microsoft integrity, and Microsoft strategies as practiced by Microsoft from inception.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     Former Gateway exec pans the settlement - (marlowe) - (2)
         Funny - am I remembering this wrong, or... - (CRConrad) - (1)
             You're not wrong. Propaganda at work. - (imric)

I swear, if I had the Holy Hand Grenade that hamster would be a blood pie.
65 ms