IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New the pedophile is in the room with Dakota Fanning
http://www.lewrockwe...11/lira5.1.1.html
In these two ways, the Federal Reserve has been monetizing the Federal government’s debt. The Fed bought up toxic assets from the TBTF banks, which then went and bought Treasuries. And the Fed is lending money for free to the TBTF banks, which are then buying Treasuries.

Take a step back, and you get the picture: The Too Big To Fail banks are the sewer system by which the Federal Reserve supplies money to the Federal government for all its deficit spending.

This is stealth monetization.

It’s not even particularly stealthy, actually – it’s happening right out in the open. It’s just that nobody is pointing it out – or perhaps because it is an obscure, complicated system, nobody has realized what it actually is.

But it’s monetization, pure and simple. The Fed is printing up all the money the Federal government wants and needs.

To put it more bluntly – and disturbingly – the pedophile is in the room with Dakota Fanning.

One of the pernicious effects of this stealth monetization is the dis-incentive it gives banks to lend money to small- and medium-sized businesses. Everyone – including the Fed – is complaining that the banks aren’t lending to businesses. But I don’t know why they’re complaining – it makes perfect sense.

See, the TBTF banks get money for free from the Fed, and then they turn around and lend it to the Federal government by way of buying Treasury bonds. Treasury bonds are paying absurdly low yields, because they’ve been bid up so high by all those freshly minted dollars that the Fed printed up. But to the TBTF banks, it doesn’t matter how low the Treasury yields are – it’s still guaranteed profits. Lending money to the Federal government is totally safe.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Lew should read more
It’s just that nobody is pointing it out – or perhaps because it is an obscure, complicated system, nobody has realized what it actually is.

Let's see, how about March of 2008 -- http://www.cepr.net/...omeone-has-to-pay:
The story of the discount window is straightforward. The Fed is allowing investment banks, who are subject to none of the restrictions or disclosure requirements of commercial banks, to borrow at a government subsidized interest rate. Currently the discount rate is 2.5%.

Oh, but that's just pointing out that they get to use the discount window. How about this one from August of 2009 -- http://www.prospect...._bank_bailout_acc:
The Fed has pressed the short-term interest rate to near zero. This allows banks to borrow directly from the government at a almost no cost and then make loans, including to the government, at interest rates of 3.5 percent (10-year Treasury bonds) and higher.

Baker has been talking about this for about as long as it's been happening. Why none of the major media -- or even their financial channels -- is having him on to talk about it is an interesting question. (Actually, no it's not. I'm pretty sure I know the answer.)
--

Drew
New wasnt from lew, it was a contributor
I posted a story about this from the atlantic about a year ago, everyone yawns except for krugman who runs around flailing "Liquidity trap! yawk! Liquidity trap!"
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
     the pedophile is in the room with Dakota Fanning - (boxley) - (2)
         Lew should read more - (drook) - (1)
             wasnt from lew, it was a contributor - (boxley)

Courage is your greatest present need.
34 ms