IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not just speed
That's been part of HTML rendering since just about always. Anything a browser doesn't recognize it will ignore. Improperly nested or closed elements are essentially arbitrary.

I've seen arguments saying the only way to "fix the web" is for browsers to always render strict. Of course the other side chants "strict in what you emit, liberal in what you accept".
--

Drew
New And there are quite a few of those on that page
"Improperly nested or closed elements" that is... (and even a few freshly minted ones.)

There is a good chance that Safari and Chrome are indeed reacting differently to the coding errors.
New I've been over and over my nesting and closings . . .
. . and I'm very careful with closings, applying them even thought browsers traditionally correct for them being missing.

Now get this. If I move the edge of the browser window in a ways all the formatting becomes correct. If I move the edge back out, some of the fixed errors stay corrected and others revert to incorrect.

I will inspect my nesting and closings one more time, but don't expect to find anything.
New Try the validator
http://validator.w3.org/

Looks like your biggest problem is not quoting values.
--

Drew
New Not so much unbalanced nesting
but disallowed nesting. E.g. there are a lot of anchor constructs that contain an H2. That is block level content where only inline is allowed.

(And there are also three instances where the A when missing, resulting in a NAME element).

None of the warnings occur on one of the images you're floating, but as these are also embedded in anchors, it is possible that an imbalanced anchor tag causes the BR to happen at an unexpected spot.
New Yeah, a lot of values are not quoted . . .
. . because the originals of a lot of my stuff were done before the XML spec came out requiring the quotes and they got replicated. HTML didn't require them. I've been inserting them as I go, but there's a hell of a lot of them - and I'm not using XML.
     Hmmm . . . this is interesting: Safari and Chrome . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (40)
         What's really interesting... - (malraux) - (11)
             Thanks, I'll give that a try . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 Different Scott... ;-) - (malraux) - (2)
                     Were you using a Mac? -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         Yes. -NT - (malraux)
             Timing issues, huh? - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                 Not just speed - (drook) - (5)
                     And there are quite a few of those on that page - (scoenye) - (4)
                         I've been over and over my nesting and closings . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Try the validator - (drook) - (2)
                                 Not so much unbalanced nesting - (scoenye)
                                 Yeah, a lot of values are not quoted . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Typo - "North American. buyers" -NT - (Another Scott)
         Conclusion: Safari (Win) can't render W3C validated code. - (Andrew Grygus) - (26)
             Interesting.. - (Ashton)
             Re: Conclusion: Safari (Win) can't render W3C validated code - (mvitale)
             Still shifted. - (malraux) - (7)
                 I was thinking that last as well. Must be something subtle. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 I have done the div thing mvitale suggested. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     Quick thought: Possible font substitutions? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Re: Quick thought: Possible font substitutions? - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Works. - (malraux) - (2)
                         It doesn't work for the other formatting problems though. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Not a fix, a replacement. -NT - (malraux)
             weird issues - (SpiceWare) - (8)
                 Somebody updated it - (SpiceWare) - (7)
                     Yup, and a "reduced test case" . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         Well, if you can't fix the problem, fix the spec :-( -NT - (hnick)
                         I can try to reduce it - (SpiceWare) - (4)
                             Oh, I can reduce it very easily, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                 And here it is. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                     On a Mac - (Ashton)
                                     Display at 1149 pixels wide... - (folkert)
             Just thought of something - (drook) - (5)
                 Yep. - (malraux)
                 Standard but deprecated - (scoenye)
                 I have specified doctype 4.1 transitional . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     One way to consistently clear it... - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Re: "One way to consistently clear it... - (Andrew Grygus)
             "Web Browser v2.30.2" or Epiphany... - (folkert)

GPLed, for your pleasure.
285 ms