IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Anybody running Sybase on Linux?
Running it on Netware for ZenWorks inventory. Run's long and hard, easy to setup compared to Oracle on Netware. Other than that, Sybase is not on my list of favored DB applications.

Later!

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
New Why doesn't it make your list of favorites?
New Soooo, you wanna know why, huh??? Well...
No real reason.

Just never had the need to use it yet. No real application for it... maybe I'll integrate it as a backend to CVS or something and push the envelope I am in again...

Well, we have a Enterprise License for Oracle on all platforms we choose to have, so I most ALWAYS use Oracle for everything. But there are some small sync DBs for coordinating information across our systems. Those are PostGreSQL and MySQL. They run just as well as Oracle but in a WAY smaller footprint, but they really don't have the connections Oracle has to support.

Just for everyone's info, I have nothing against Sybase's ASE, it is not on my short list, but is on my long list. Now M$ SQL server, is a different story, it ain't even on my "I'd sooner use Btrieve v3.15c, when it ate data, rather than taking the trouble write it to disk, after being up for 16 or so hours" list.

M$ SQL is on the "Over my dead cold body after I am completely decayed, feeding the grass in the next epoch" list.

So as you can see I am a bit wishy-washy on M$'s products. Just not Sybase, MySQL, PostGreSQL or Oracle... ;-}

HAH ! ! !

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
     Anybody running Sybase on Linux? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
         Used to run ASE on RedHat. - (admin)
         Re: Anybody running Sybase on Linux? - (folkert) - (2)
             Why doesn't it make your list of favorites? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Soooo, you wanna know why, huh??? Well... - (folkert)
         Sybase on Linux - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
             Thank you. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Apparently no longer available <sigh> -NT - (mmoffitt)

And on mic: the l-l-lovely... Cher!
65 ms