IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Upgrading the Thinkpad 560X
It appears that the 560X model does not have a CD option. So it would have to be an external CD. It looks like it has a 1.0 USB port on it. It was made in 1997, so I am guessing USB 1.0?

Google is no help, tons of stuff, forum postings, etc. Or it could be because I have a big headache and a headcold? Anyway my brother is looking up parts for it. I might be getting one discounted or free because I helped my brother put Windows on those laptops without a CD-ROM drive. Nice use of a Zip Drive and PCMCIA Ethernet card. :)

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Generally Thinkpads have . .
. . either a docking station connection on the back, or a small micro-D connection somewhere, for the drive they lack. I haven't seen one that used USB for that purpose. There should be CD-ROM units that attach with a PCMCIA card, but they may cost more than the notebooks did.

On my 780 (486) I loaded OS/2 over the network (it came with DOS / Windows 3.1) using the facility that comes with OS/2. I put in a Linksys PCMCIA network card and use a network drive for anything else I need. The information that came with the 10BaseT Linksys NIC stated clearly that OS/2 was not supported, but there were OS/2 drivers on the disk and they worked fine.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     IBM Thinkpad 650X upgrades? - (orion) - (5)
         Thinkpad 650X upgrades - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Upgrading the Thinkpad 560X - (orion) - (1)
                 Generally Thinkpads have . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Thanks - (orion)
         As-is, maybe more memory - (kmself)

"First they came for the verbs and I said nothing, for verbing weirds language. Then they arrival for the nouns and I speech nothing, for I no verbs." - Peter Ellis
64 ms