IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I don't need a GPS unit.
I'm fine with a mere Street Directory. Always have been.

My ex-wife liked her GPS and I was happy for her to have one, but she was utterly baffled by my indifference to it. I'd much rather map my way out ahead of time with Google maps - which is even more convenient when it's on my Android phone. :-) I did my 1400km trip Adelaide->Melbourne->Sydney based on Google Maps. I still surprise poeple with that story...

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New heh
I drive from georgia to minnesota by memory, needed a map the first time
i75
L I-24
E-ILL64
R27 missouri Iowa
R35
L90
L 94
L at snack station
Straight 82 miles
arrive at morris
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Just hope they realize a bridge exists
This weekend I was staying at a relative's house. Did a day trip from there to a nearby amusement park.

The directions included 23 turns in 18.9 miles and a 40 minute drive time. Many of those turns were name changes of the current road as it went through numerous tiny mountain towns.

There as an alternate route available for 11 turns in 30.2 miles and 42 minutes drive time.

Or a third with 28 turns in 18.6 miles and 43 minutes drive time.

But I just noticed, while looking up these numbers, that all three routes were unaware that there's a bridge a half-mile from the relative's house. Cross that and suddenly it's 7 turns in 20.1 miles and 31 minutes.
--

Drew
New Wave next time you drive by
I work 1 mile east of 35E and 494 in MN.
New will do,
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Re: heh

E-ILL64

???

You meant Interstate 64. IL 64 is a East-West highway coming out of the near north side of Chicago and going to the Illinois/Iowa border.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New yup, correct
     GPS takes 4 more victims. - (crazy) - (10)
         I don't need a GPS unit. - (static) - (6)
             heh - (boxley) - (5)
                 Just hope they realize a bridge exists - (drook)
                 Wave next time you drive by - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     will do, -NT - (boxley)
                 Re: heh - (lincoln) - (1)
                     yup, correct -NT - (boxley)
         there are those that know where they are going, and the led - (boxley) - (2)
             Come drive in Vienna sometime.... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 They need the Thomas Guides - (Andrew Grygus)

My line is so beating the heck out of your stupid line. Fear my pink line. You have no chance. I am the undisputed lord of virtual tennis.
101 ms