IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tyops
as for "Moily", see Note-5..

Two periods, and it's actually note 6 anyway.

Tamarind note points to 3, but it's 4. (Guess you added a note after writing the prep.)

Do you have a kadhai page you can link to? If not, it needs at least a note.

You seem to have a convention for ALL CAPS ingredients, but I can't figure out what it is. It's more confusing than helpful. (Unless it's spelled out somewhere, in which case you should mention it down where you explain the measurements.)

One thing about the way you write measurements. You show one-and-a-half as "1-1/2". I used to write mine like that, but several people told me they were confused, thought I was writing a range: "between one cup and one-half cup". I checked some cookbooks, and see "1 1/2" without the dash in quite a few.
--

Drew
New Thanks, will fix all.
Kadhai page? Probably not an independent one. I'll see to that today.

The one thing that bugs me most about cookbooks is those that use fraction font characters, especially when their type size is already almost too small to read. You can't work with the recipe without a powerful magnifying glass.
New There is now a kadhai page.
http://www.clovegard...e/kp_kadhaiz.html

I thought people would find the ALL CAPS convention more intuitive than they apparently do. Ingredients requiring significant preparation are in ALL CAPS at the point that effort is needed (usually the point of introduction).

There is a recipe interpretation page, but it's only linked from the index pages. Maybe I'll link to it from the individual recipes.
New On the all caps
At first I thought it was when you first use it, which would make sense. But then I saw some where the second was all cap instead. Couldn't tell if it was a typo or if I didn't understand the convention.

I'd actually go for linking to the style from every recipe page. Any consistent style is good, as long as people know what to expect.
--

Drew
     Mean Molly - Wow, this is good! - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
         is it molly or moily? looks good -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             They say "Meen Moily" (Moily's Fish) . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Tyops - (drook) - (3)
             Thanks, will fix all. - (Andrew Grygus)
             There is now a kadhai page. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 On the all caps - (drook)

I like when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
69 ms