IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I guess we'll see
I was busy cooking dinner and there's now 10 minutes left (assuming another silly popup doesn't stop in it's tracks...
I will report back if I still have a working computer
Discosure... I don't do browsers in 640x480...

that last was a laugh, son, joke...
New Looks like it worked this time...
It hung for several hours but came up when I hit CAD. Files appear to all be there. Tab Mix Plus on firefox is deader than last weeks hamburger, but I can live with that I guess. The firefox icon on the main task bar has been replaced with the international "no" symbol (red circle bisected with descending slash) which I also find somewhat unusual. The dialog manipulation controls are now on the upper left corner instead of the right. I seem to recall that that was a configurable feature; something I will look into tomorrow. mplayer movie player is gone. pity.
For the moment, it doesn't look like it screwed up too bad. Bed time now, I think. Tomorrow is a new disaster...
Thanks all.
New Good.
TMP works fine here, and the FF icon is correct. Maybe an issue with an Upgrade vs a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04. In any event, it should be solvable. :-)

I'm not used to the Close, Minimize, Maximize buttons being on the left either, but I haven't looked at changing it.

I hope it works out well for you. OS changes are always painful, no matter how good they are.

Hang in there!

Cheers,
Scott.
New It's not hard to change the window controls.
System > Preferences > Appearance. Pick a different theme. I usually pick ClearLooks.

I don't like them on the left either. And even if Canonical want to force the issue, not only do I think the Gnome developers won't agree but there will always be plenty of people who will make Gnome themes to put them back on the right. ;-)

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New Re: It's not hard to change the window controls.
I saw that. I don't like making changes if I don't know how to get back to a known state if it doesn't work out. I did notice that all the documentation has the controls on the right. I was looking for something that would set the default values for GTK widgets so the right became the default position. Do you know off hand what the default theme is so I can set it back if it screws up?
New It's in the dialog box.
I can't remember it's name, but when you open that dialog, AFIAR, it's the first one. Besides, the current one is always highlighted, so the first time you go in you can see which it is. :-)

Oh yes: a Gnome theme includes a GTK theme, so change the first and you change both. But the same UI also lets you independantly set them (it's called "Customise").

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New Yeah, I've been playing around with them.
I still can't find exactly what I want but it's close enough.
Thanks,
Hugh
New Re: Yeah, I've been playing around with them.
You can import themes from the GNOME Art work site and do that.
New More on the firefox issue
Firefox was definitely clobbered. It wouldn't open more than one window at a time. It has a weird icon. Tab Mix Plus was a non-starter.
I uninstalled all add-ons, then reinstalled them in the order that I needed them. It seems to be working again except for the icon. If I mouse over the icon, it displays as firefox, so I guess I can live with it.
On to figure out how to reconfigure the title bar controls...
     Well, I'm upgrading to 10.2 ubuntu - (hnick) - (13)
         I guessed it... - (hnick)
         Ermmm you mean 10.04 LTS? - (folkert) - (1)
             Yep, I got the wrong handle.. - (hnick)
         They changed a few default apps. - (static) - (9)
             I guess we'll see - (hnick) - (8)
                 Looks like it worked this time... - (hnick) - (7)
                     Good. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         It's not hard to change the window controls. - (static) - (4)
                             Re: It's not hard to change the window controls. - (hnick) - (3)
                                 It's in the dialog box. - (static) - (2)
                                     Yeah, I've been playing around with them. - (hnick) - (1)
                                         Re: Yeah, I've been playing around with them. - (folkert)
                     More on the firefox issue - (hnick)

66F9B5249D4C8E993B5B8B16B9C81984
4F06FC537197DBF2AC2FB6AF67914ED1
232AE29D09A35432F6959F8774AF23C4
F4A0AB2A9E7E61AD86736E9407D945F4
51 ms