IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just saw "The A Team"
Hoo-ahh, that was a fun flick. There were at least a dozen physical impossibilities in the first half, and a final action sequence that -- while technically possible -- was so outlandish that I'd put better odds on what they did with the tank.

Great banter, great casting ... well, Murdock was a little weak. Jackson was a stroke of genius, and a real find. He's got a future in action flicks. Can't think who I'd have liked better as Murdoch, but this guy was just ... meh. I would have preferred less "entertainingly crazy" and more "dangerously psychotic", think Gary Oldman but younger. Ooh, Heath Ledger would have been good. Picture his Joker as Murdock and that would have been awesome.

It was a bit slow in the middle, could stand to lose about 20 minutes or so. Otherwise, pass the popcorn and have a blast.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Aug. 23, 2010, 10:12:56 PM EDT
New I have pretty much the same review for "The Expendables"
Saw it opening night with the entire family (kids are currently 12 and 13.) Nothing in there that they haven't seen before, and it's a good action flick.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New What did you think of Jackson as B.A.?
I posted my review before checking what other people thought of it. A lot of people really slammed Jackson. Most said his diction sucks. (True.) One said his "high, squeaky voice" was distracting. Huh?

Most said he wasn't as good an actor as Mr. T. [boggle] Did they see the same series I used to watch?
--

Drew
New Never saw the original but...
back in late 70's, I was working at the Cleveland Clinic and when we went over to the bar after work the long timers said that Mr. T had worked at the Clinic as a security guard. According to my fallible memory, they claimed he came on as a hard-ass, so he wasn't really acting. None of it was particularly complimentary.
Just a blast from the past...
New Sorry, my commentary was about The Expendables.
The new Stallone and crew movie. Haven't seen A-Team yet, but an item on my TODO list is to throw it into my Netflix queue.
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New I thought he did well.
I was glad he didn't come at it like Mr T in the series.

I was ok with Murdoch too, though...didn't think he needed to be psychotic crazy like a "joker" type.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New I'm getting tired of seeing Forest Gump
Whenever a character is "crazy" or has any kind of mental deficiency, why does it always manifest in ways that are convenient to the plot, and/or beneficial to the character?
--

Drew
New True enough
but for the A Team, it did well to have him "campy" crazy to stay in line with the history.

Mind you, I thought the "Joker" from the latest Dark Knight was vastly superior to the original Nicholson Joker, for exactly your reasoning.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
     Just saw "The A Team" - (drook) - (7)
         I have pretty much the same review for "The Expendables" - (mvitale) - (6)
             What did you think of Jackson as B.A.? - (drook) - (5)
                 Never saw the original but... - (hnick)
                 Sorry, my commentary was about The Expendables. - (mvitale)
                 I thought he did well. - (beepster) - (2)
                     I'm getting tired of seeing Forest Gump - (drook) - (1)
                         True enough - (beepster)

Shpongle.
273 ms