IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So why aren't you using PMMail then?
It's available for Windows. I use it every day - mostly on OS/2, but also on Windows, and I have several clients who have used it on Windows since the days when eMail infections became rampant.

The thing I like best about PMMail is the ease and clarity with which you can maintain completely separate email accounts. I run one instance of PMMail for support and it has accounts for 17 client mailboxes. I run another instance for my own 13 mailboxes (at several hosting services).

New I needed Kerberos authentication.
I made the transition from PMMail to Eudora and then to Thunderbird for work. IIRC, PMMail wouldn't work with Kerberos. A few years after I moved from PMMail to Eudora, Eudora stopped being updated, so I went to Thunderbird. It also seems to be in danger of being orphaned, but it's working well at home and work so far.

If I started using IMAP it probably wouldn't be an issue, but I'm still mostly on POP and I haven't felt the need to investigate it more.

Evolution may be great, but since I've never used an integrated calendar/mail product like Outlook I haven't felt the need to try it out.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Well that's annoying. Lost my Inbox... - (Another Scott) - (26)
         Symantic? - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Yeah... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Part of my toolkit is . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Dude.... - (folkert) - (1)
             I'm trying. - (Another Scott)
         Any way to tell it not to scan the mail files? - (scoenye) - (6)
             ^^^^ GREAT ADVICE! ^^^^ -NT - (folkert)
             Probably. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 So why aren't you using PMMail then? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     I needed Kerberos authentication. - (Another Scott)
                 Got it fixed. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     One more thing - a Thunderbird setting tweak. - (Another Scott)
         Get rid of Symantec - (pwhysall) - (13)
             I'd love to, but how are they better? - (Another Scott) - (12)
                 Re: I'd love to, but how are they better? - (pwhysall) - (11)
                     :-) Thanks. Gotta find something for Win2k though... :-( - (Another Scott) - (10)
                         Re: :-) Thanks. Gotta find something for Win2k though... - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Thanks. I'll try it again. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Take a look at Avast as well - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Time to wave farewell to W2K, I think. -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
                             If it ain't broke... - (Another Scott)
                             Where would you suggest next? - (static) - (2)
                                 Based on recent experience, I'd say Linux Mint. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     From what I've seen at Helios... - (folkert)
                             Here it's the only Windows machine always running. - (Andrew Grygus)

Fetch forth the Quivering Runcible of Jaundiced Blandishments!
99 ms