1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've completely imitated
GoogleBot

MSNBot (and Bing)

Yahoo Slurp.

No problem seeing content, browsing normally. But the Sitemap things *STILL* affects everything search and some other pieces like in IE.
New Thanks, hadn't thought to check the sitemap
Strange. I changed the options to not generate it. Regenerated and tried the simulator and it worked for the Firefox UA. Still not for the two bots I'm checking. (Stummbot and Dnsdigger)

The old sitemap.xml.gz was still there, so I deleted it. Tried again and none of the UAs are working again. Grrr.

===

Update: Looks like things were cached. Stumbleupon is working now. (Fingers crossed that it keeps working.) Thanks a ton for the tip. I would never have thought those were related.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Aug. 19, 2010, 03:52:41 PM EDT
New Hmm, not what I thought
I checked several clients. The ones who I moved from Blogger are having problems. When I use the UA simulator page for http://divinehealthfromtheinsideout.com I get a Blogger.com error page saying the site doesn't exist. It hasn't been on Blogger for over two months. Ping and whois both show that it's a Dreamhost account now.

Why are some sites still resolving to Blogger, even though DNS was changed months ago?
--

Drew
New Must be some references into the...
Blogger.com sites.

I see some blogger.com references in the site code from DHFTIO.

But I'm at a loss, since you are using wordpress and well blogger uses something else.

Could it be the conversion wasn't as clean as hoped?
New Those Blogger references look like comment author links
--

Drew
New Yeah, thought so.
But I needed to make sure you saw it that way also.
     Possible UserAgent problem - (drook) - (10)
         I am getting a sitemap corruption issue. - (folkert)
         I've completely imitated - (folkert) - (5)
             Thanks, hadn't thought to check the sitemap - (drook)
             Hmm, not what I thought - (drook) - (3)
                 Must be some references into the... - (folkert) - (2)
                     Those Blogger references look like comment author links -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Yeah, thought so. - (folkert)
         Now it's just toying with me - (drook) - (2)
             I'd have to have first hand look at things - (folkert) - (1)
                 I need to contact the host's support people - (drook)

Clearly designed to be used by faery maidens with a feather touch, rather than a six foot three engineer in a pair of size 13 steelies.
99 ms