1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New s/PHP/any programming language
--

Drew
New Well, yes.
It's just that for some it's more of a problem. Plus the fact that PHP gets picked on.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New There's a line I remember from back before PHP won*
The biggest problem with PHP is it's easy enough for any old idiot to use it. The really brainless ones can't even do a "Hello World" in c.

* And yes, it won. WordPress and Facebook.
--

Drew
New Indeed.
http://stackoverflow...ble/316061#316061

Basically, one of the greatest advantages of PHP is that it doesn't force you into a framework. Unfortunately, one of the greatest disadvantages of PHP is that it doesn't force you into a framework. :-/

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New And you can be in and out of a framework at the same time
WordPress is one gigantic framework. If you want to write something small and self-contained within it, you still can. You probably shouldn't, but it's possible.
--

Drew
     So I'm preparing my laptop for the roadtrip - (lincoln) - (83)
         throw linux on it if you just need - (boxley) - (82)
             He won't... - (folkert) - (80)
                 Recommend application development software on Linux - (lincoln) - (79)
                     Looking from the wrong direction - (drook)
                     Java. - (malraux) - (9)
                         Java looks like something worth considering seriously... - (Another Scott)
                         Thread-jack. - (static) - (3)
                             java is the new basic - (boxley)
                             Java's worth as a language: - (malraux) - (1)
                                 That's a good point. - (static)
                         FINALLY - SOMEONE HERE OFFERS A GOOD SUGGESTION! - (lincoln) - (3)
                             That suggestion was made back then. - (folkert) - (2)
                                 WRONGO! - (lincoln) - (1)
                                     Google "site:iwt.mikevitale.com C#" works. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     jboss spring tomcat - (boxley)
                     oh yeah - (boxley)
                     On the other hand - (pwhysall)
                     I said everything I needed to say now and back then. - (folkert) - (64)
                         You never helped in the first place - (lincoln) - (63)
                             Poor form, lincoln. - (Another Scott) - (44)
                                 Re: Poor form, lincoln. - (lincoln) - (43)
                                     "... and teach himself other stuff." -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     I see you are a victim... - (folkert) - (41)
                                         Go talk to your developers - (lincoln) - (40)
                                             Developers for the company I work for... - (folkert) - (3)
                                                 well, I think Hell has frozen over. - (lincoln) - (2)
                                                     That wasn't your question to me though. - (folkert)
                                                     Re: well, I think Hell has frozen over. - (folkert)
                                             Did you honestly think... - (beepster) - (35)
                                                 Hey, whattaya mean "web company" - (crazy) - (34)
                                                     Re: Hey, whattaya mean "web company" - (malraux) - (33)
                                                         Re: Attitude... - (folkert) - (26)
                                                             Re: Attitude... - (SpiceWare) - (25)
                                                                 OUCH. - (folkert) - (2)
                                                                     Re: OUCH. - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                         Victim with a grudge. - (folkert)
                                                                 your former employer's HR dept. called me in June - (lincoln) - (21)
                                                                     Was that more or less than you're getting now? - (pwhysall) - (20)
                                                                         and is first offer ever final? - (beepster) - (19)
                                                                             There is no way - (lincoln) - (18)
                                                                                 you going to college? - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                     she does have a job - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                                         that works -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                 You need to re-evaluate. - (beepster) - (11)
                                                                                     Not only that. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                         More good advice that will... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                             Re: More good advice that will... - (lincoln)
                                                                                     Already have - (lincoln) - (7)
                                                                                         Advice. - (folkert)
                                                                                         work is work, good luck -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                         Good luck, Brian -NT - (malraux)
                                                                                         Good luck, Brian -NT - (malraux)
                                                                                         Best of luck. - (hnick)
                                                                                         Good deal! - (beepster)
                                                                                         Excellent news. Good luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                 I don't get it. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                                     Post #35342 -NT - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                                         Best of luck with it! -NT - (pwhysall)
                                                         Do you really think - (lincoln) - (5)
                                                             Attitude flows through. - (malraux)
                                                             Let's assume you aren't - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                 ^------- This. -NT - (malraux)
                                                                 shoot me an email with the specifics - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                     Its doesn;t matter your opinion or view of the subject. - (folkert)
                             It'll work fine - (drook) - (1)
                                 and if you want to be a bit more spritely - (beepster)
                             512? Not a problem. - (static)
                             my developers reside within shouting distance - (boxley) - (13)
                                 Well, that's not a big shock - (jake123) - (12)
                                     How so? - (drook) - (5)
                                         Well, indirectly quoting an old prof of mine - (jake123) - (4)
                                             no, disagree - (boxley)
                                             Hmm, not sure - (drook) - (2)
                                                 Re: maintenance mode - (jake123) - (1)
                                                     Don't think you can plame PHP for that :-) -NT - (drook)
                                     That's a rather negative viewpoint. - (static) - (5)
                                         s/PHP/any programming language -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                             Well, yes. - (static) - (3)
                                                 There's a line I remember from back before PHP won* - (drook) - (2)
                                                     Indeed. - (static) - (1)
                                                         And you can be in and out of a framework at the same time - (drook)
                             My sofasurfer has 512MB... - (pwhysall)
             That's probably the best advice. - (Another Scott)

If ya dont want to dispense certain drugs go into construction.
120 ms