IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey Greg (just saw this thread)
Love your 2nd resume'. Really. I only got your "official" one years back.

But, one word scares me.

"Promoting" open source. I know in the 2nd one you demoted it to "promoting". But really. Can't you find a word that signals your endorsement of open source while not making it seem that you will ignore perfectly valid non-open source solutions? Or be prejudiced against them somehow? It's a no win word.

The word will be a disqualifier for some people, and won't get you that many brownie points with the people you care about. You already got max brownies based on tech skills with them.
New Well, its true... I *DO* prefer OSS stuff over
equally as good Proprietary systems.

Key word there - equally. At least equal in places where it matters to the application of said product/system.

I guess you are right... promoting would be better said as: Favoring where applicable

So, you are right.
     Conficker it out? Here's a detailed account - (rcareaga) - (38)
         Mostly good ... except ... - (drook) - (37)
             Missing two of the biggest issues known... - (folkert) - (36)
                 Oh, forgot to come back when I finished the article - (drook) - (34)
                     I don't want to run Windows Vista or Windows 7 - (lincoln) - (33)
                         Where did I say I desired anything? - (drook) - (26)
                             Correction - (altmann) - (1)
                                 Ahh, my bad -NT - (drook)
                             Then show me - (lincoln) - (23)
                                 Two things - (drook) - (21)
                                     Re: Two things - (lincoln) - (20)
                                         Keep ignoring advice... - (folkert) - (19)
                                             And you're ignoring reality - (lincoln) - (18)
                                                 Re: And you're ignoring reality - (folkert) - (17)
                                                     Indeed. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                         I guess Hell has frozen over - (lincoln) - (2)
                                                             Shrug - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                 Re: Shrug - (lincoln)
                                                     Project much? - (lincoln) - (12)
                                                         http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/ - (boxley)
                                                         So... you have made it impossible for me to... - (folkert) - (10)
                                                             Re: So... you have made it impossible for me to... - (lincoln) - (9)
                                                                 I *CAN'T* answer because of your conditions set out. - (folkert) - (8)
                                                                     I give up - (lincoln) - (7)
                                                                         Awesome. Now that you have finally come to the... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                                             Hey Greg (just saw this thread) - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                                 Well, its true... I *DO* prefer OSS stuff over - (folkert)
                                                                         Don't give up. It's just getting good. :-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             if you are thinking java join the local SUG - (boxley)
                                                                         That would be strike one. - (beepster)
                                                                         Advice from a career counselor. - (Another Scott)
                                 Volunteer somewhere doing what you like/want to do. - (Another Scott)
                         With recent statement from you... - (folkert) - (5)
                             Yeah, a Linux distro from a few years ago - (lincoln) - (4)
                                 Not so - (pwhysall)
                                 For someone who claims to know very little about linux - (crazy)
                                 I'm running... - (folkert)
                                 Definitely not so. - (static)
                 'Ring 0' says it all.. - (Ashton)

Coincidence!? YOU DECIDE!!
115 ms