IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, but not directly.
I always upgrade to the immediate next version. A few times I've gone through two upgrades in a few hours. To go from 8.04 to 10.04 will take a while to do that way, though, and you'll be downloading maybe 1.5Gb of files along the way.

If the GUI upgrader lets you go straight to 10.04, I'd say it can probably be trusted. I've not seen it botch an upgrade.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New It did botch one of mine
and laziness made we wipe and replace. I, too, have one of the aforementioned nvidia chipset cards and it blew up the display manager, so I did a fresh install to 10.

I don't have alot of customization that I don't mind redoing. All my data is stored on other drives and I do keep windows partition to use tversity...since mediatomb isn't all the way there yet for streaming to ps3 (its getting better...but transcoding on the fly makes it much easier with tversity)
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New I have an nvidia card too
in one of my boxen. The 8-9 upgrade blew up, but the 9-10 upgrade went fine.
New I was trying 8 to 10...was hopeful.
I had heard of problems with the migration for nvidia cards...and held off. Also had backups, etc.

As I said, I didn't mind too much starting fresh...and I like 10. Seems to be working well.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
     Has anybody tried upgrading ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04? - (hnick) - (8)
         Kinda sorta. - (Another Scott)
         Try a smaller partition on the tail of your disk - (crazy)
         Re: Has anybody tried upgrading ubuntu 8.04 to 10.04? - (folkert)
         Yes, but not directly. - (static) - (3)
             It did botch one of mine - (beepster) - (2)
                 I have an nvidia card too - (jake123) - (1)
                     I was trying 8 to 10...was hopeful. - (beepster)
         Thanks, all. - (hnick)

You idiot! WE'RE the People's Front of Judea!
76 ms