IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OK , I know I will hear about this
1. Stay away from Netgear it's crap

and again I know I'm a fan boy but for the last 2 years I have had an Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station
and it works great but it's not cheep $179.00

http://store.apple.c...g&mco=MTMzNzU2NDk

installing updates and firmware is EZ
will work on MAC and PC
it is 802.11N
will work with B/G/N

"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New On that point.....
I have an Apple Airport Extreme as well. It's how you're able to view these fora, as the server is hooked up to it, so obviously it works. But there's a caveat: if you dabble in Ubuntu, the last time I checked, Ubuntu devices were unable to connect to Airport Extremes wirelessly. Granted, I haven't spent a ton of time looking into this since I don't have an Ubuntu system that I use for anything other than gaming (as in D&D, the other reason for these fora), so it's not like I need internet access when we're rolling dice. It's possible that it's been fixed, and it's possible that I did something wrong. You've been warned. ;-)
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Re: OK , I know I will hear about this
With the problems I've been having keeping my daughter's MacBook connected to our Internet connection, I'd shy away from a Linksys by Cisco router.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Wireless Question - (jbrabeck) - (18)
         You want an Access Point. - (static) - (6)
             Especially Netgear. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 That's two down votes. :-) - (static)
                 Add Linksys to that - (scoenye) - (3)
                     My Linksys wireless router needs to be restarted frequently - (drook) - (2)
                         I'm gonna buck the trend. :-) - (static) - (1)
                             same with my belkin - (beepster)
         OK , I know I will hear about this - (Bman) - (2)
             On that point..... - (mvitale)
             Re: OK , I know I will hear about this - (lincoln)
         I used a belkin access point - (beepster) - (4)
             Got my belkin as well - (crazy) - (1)
                 Firmware update completed - (crazy)
             Works good, but one nasty "feature" - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Just run a separate DHCP server. - (static)
         I have not have to restart my.. - (Bman)
         Thanks all - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             You won't be UNHAPPY. - (folkert)

Her patriotism is as genuine as her hair color.
68 ms