IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's like Wife Swap
Ever watch that? Take the wives from radically different families and have them trade for two weeks. First week, guest wife has to live by host family's rules; second week, family has to live by guest wife's rules.

I know the producers go out of their way to find uncompromising extremists, because it makes for better TV. (Which is why I didn't respond when a producer contacted me about doing the show.) And every time food is an issue -- vegan mom goes into a family of hunters, for example -- they screw up by trying to change things too radically.

"Here, for your first vegan meal, try this green smoothie made from grasses I pulled out of your back yard and put in the blender." And they don't like it. No shit, who would have guessed?

If you want to change someone's opinion, you start by showing them something they can agree with. Try a "normal" salad, or even grilled portabellas. Then slowly work them up to bean sprouts and wheat grass.

When Honda decided to break into the motorcycle dirt track game, they copied the existing Harley racers (which were hard-tails) but added about nine inches of suspension. The riders hated them. So the crew put in blocks to remove all but an inch of travel and sent them back out. The riders liked them just fine. Came back for "suspension tuning" and they gave them three inches of travel. Riders liked it. Repeat ... repeat ...

By the end of the day, they had the full travel back, and set a new track record.
--

Drew
New Yah. Seen that.
Later seasons are better. Dunno if it was intentional, but they've been finding people who are able to learn from 'the other side' and usually the better for it.

I take your point about the food, though. Even I thought it was obvious that Jamie should have had them make pizza from fresh ingredients as a first step. :-)

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
     Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. - (static) - (3)
         use chewing tobacco as a condiment -NT - (boxley)
         It's like Wife Swap - (drook) - (1)
             Yah. Seen that. - (static)

One... two... FIVE!
55 ms