IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This it?
911 GT2 RS - http://en.wikipedia....oduction_vehicles

The reference is: http://www.caranddri...l_photos_and_info

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I wonder if the 'Cuda could run it....
in something like 7:40...

Seem there is enough Horsepower there... and the traction is there. The only thing its down on is aero.

If they could limit the air getting into the engine bay more and fixup the cooling problems and smooth out the moldings on the front a bit... and put some body side moldings on it...

I'd bet it could do it.
New Not if it keeps dropping parts
Looks like this is another one of these lopsided endeavours where straight line speed was the only design factor. Besides the fluttering body panels and trim projectiles, that broken trackbar is a strong hint that the rest of the hardware doesn't match the motor. And the Nurnburgring requires brakes too. The video didn't even touch on those.
New Reminds me a little of the Vector W2
Neat looking, impressive performance, but you'd expect that for 1000HP. But how can they make money with it?

Supposedly they have 6000-7000 hours of work in it, meaning you could get an Enzo for the price if they hope to break even - http://www.dakota-du...read.php?t=103270

I assume it's a capability demonstrator, and not something they hope to make a living making.

They have some beautiful cars, though - http://www.legendary.../currentinventory

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New 6000 hrs ~ 2 years...
That's taking 8 hour days, 365 days a year. Ouch... And they have a fabrication facility. Unless that thing was down to a couple of rusted frame rails when they found it, that doesn't quite add up either.
New Divide by the number of people, too.
By those numbers, 2 people, one year; four people, six months.

Wade

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New That just shrinks the absolute time span
Assuming they are all professionals and have access to tools and equipment that would be off-limits for a DIY enthusiast, that is an awful lot of hours to spend on a restoration.
New Wasn't a restoration...
Try a "resto-mod"

The original 'Cuda never came with an 1100hp twin turbo 522 cu in small block and a 6 speed manual and completely re-engineered IRS and IFS with HUGE brakes and 345mm wide tires on the rear. Custom interior with additional rigidity built-in... and other things.

6000-7000 hours, not really that many hours for a complete build like this.
New Re: Not if it keeps dropping parts
From the looks of the car on their website, it appears those MEATY Tires (345s in the back) and those 19" rim hold 6 piston ceramic/carbon-fiber disc brake packages (front and rear)

I think its a solid axle... also, meaning it won't win any G-Force contests... shucks.
New That would do it!
New Actually... it has IRS...
Independent Rear Suspension... I was looking at the wrong car.

It might be able to do it.
New That's it. :-) Thanks.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
     Wow... Super 'cuda. Nice. Fast. Holy... - (folkert) - (13)
         That's amazing. - (static) - (12)
             This it? - (Another Scott) - (11)
                 I wonder if the 'Cuda could run it.... - (folkert) - (9)
                     Not if it keeps dropping parts - (scoenye) - (8)
                         Reminds me a little of the Vector W2 - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             6000 hrs ~ 2 years... - (scoenye) - (3)
                                 Divide by the number of people, too. - (static) - (2)
                                     That just shrinks the absolute time span - (scoenye) - (1)
                                         Wasn't a restoration... - (folkert)
                         Re: Not if it keeps dropping parts - (folkert) - (2)
                             That would do it! -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 Actually... it has IRS... - (folkert)
                 That's it. :-) Thanks. -NT - (static)

Like many lawyers, he's overly fond of argument, even when in agreement. Not that anyone here would be into that...
53 ms