IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hit the FTC website
I don't have time right now to dig up the URL, but somewhere in their site is the wording that states (I'll paraphrase) "federal law overrules local law, even on private property, concerning the permission to install a satellite dish." In other words, FTC regulations say you can do it, and they've been saying it for several years now. If your apartment complex pitches a snitfit, drop a printout from the FTC site into their lap and ask them "What makes you think you can overrule federal law? I have the right, per the FTC, a branch of the United States government, to install this dish"

I've seen at least a dozen in my complex alone, and know two of the people. I asked, and both said our management gave them no static.
lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
New Oh, DirecTV
has a legal notice you can have sent to the complex owner/managers.. It has to do with the definition of 'common area' - and you CAN'T attach the dish to the wall without the complex's say-so. Trouble is, on the side of my apt. that I need to point the dish, the parking lot comes almost all the way up to the building (I've been woken up by the sound of a car hitting the building before...) so there isn't really a place for the dish on that side - and they are quite adamant about not allowing renters to make capital improvements to the apartment buildings. Since the plastic window bit works fine, I didn't want to fight them about whether the space right next to my door is common area or not (and it might be - I share the door with another renter)

*grin*

I think other people have availed themselves of DirecTV's letter, though... After the complex sent out a threatening letter to all the renters a few months ago, I havenoticed at least 3 (well placed) dishes that remain up...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     comcast.net tracking member's web page usage - (admin) - (14)
         Checked Moz.9.9's handy dandy cookie list.. - (Ashton)
         Are you serious?!?! - (bepatient) - (10)
             Nog... wasn't complaining... - (admin) - (8)
                 Re: Nog... wasn't complaining... - (wharris2) - (2)
                     HTML is overkill for Email. - (static) - (1)
                         groff ;-) -NT - (kmself)
                 I know... - (bepatient) - (4)
                     Yeap. - (admin) - (3)
                         *grin* - (imric) - (2)
                             Hit the FTC website - (lincoln) - (1)
                                 Oh, DirecTV - (imric)
             You agreed to it - (broomberg)
         The CIA web site was using them also (banned by feds) - (boxley)
         Re: comcast.net tracking member's web page usage - (andread)

Where did you *think* lerpadisms come from?
68 ms