A young lad from East Texas moves to SoCal and looks for a Job at a Mega Dept Store. The manager asks if he has any sales experience, the lad replies "Shore, I worked at a bait shop near the Gulf!" So the manager says "Ok kid you can start on thursday, be dressed in a tie ready to goto work.
At the close of business thursday the manager calls in the young fellow and asked him how many sales he made. The lad replied "one sir!" the manager explains that he expected a lot more and asked him how much the sale was for, the answer "a 100k thereabouts"
Wow said the manager, what did you sell?
The youngster said "A fellow first bought a 99 cent hook and I explained about the great fishing in Texas using a shore rig. I then showed him a perfect setup rig and pole costing $350.00. He liked that and I tole him about great bass fishing if you had the right boat. So we went to the boat sales area and got him a new mercruiser and trailer that cost 40k. Then the fellow opined his honda civic was kinda small for all that boat and we went to the auto department and got a new Ford explorer with a towing package for $35K well by the time we got insurance and everything for a little over 100K. "
"wow" said the manager "All that from a guy wanting to buy a 99 cent hook"
"No" said the lad " He came in to buy his wife a box of tampons, so I said, well your weekends shot why not go fishing?"
thanx,
bill