New Re: Trying really hard but ... nope, need more words
les moonves
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Leslie_Moonves
michaelangelo
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Michelangelo
HTH
bill
New Already looked up Moonves
Which words on there help me understand your comparison?
--

Drew
New comparing cameron vs burton thru their art using similes
avatar was a workman like product alice was sheer art
New Now I know why I didn't get you
First, I didn't think "Alice" was all that good.

Second, you're putting Moonves on a level with Michaelangelo? Really?
--

Drew
New moonvess is a slick producer/technician
michaelangelo was an artist. Both types can produce reasonable films. Avatar was slick, as in sitcom slick. Alice (to me taste differs) was a different look into another world with stunning effects, acting instead of staging and visually much more stunning.
New Burton
is all about the visual, to the point that sometimes the film does suffer for it.

Cameron is all about the production. Bigger, Bigger biggest...like his ego.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Alice had two main problems
First -- and this is a Hollywood studio problem, it's not fair to hang it on the film -- is that it seemed instantly derivative of several other recent retellings. Alice had just been redone, as had Wizard of Oz. Burton's Alice seemed far too similar. I know that's because of how a script will circulate for years before being made, then when it is it's made three times, but I couldn't help the feeling while watching it.

The second problem was with the visuals. Yes, it was seamless, but I got the feeling that he made the CGI look more "real" by making the real things look more fake. There was a persistent uncanny valley-ness to it. And not in the uncomfortable way Burton would have liked, but a low grade annoyance with the artifice of it.
--

Drew
     avatar vs alice in wonderland - (boxley) - (8)
         Trying really hard but ... nope, need more words -NT - (drook) - (7)
             Re: Trying really hard but ... nope, need more words - (boxley) - (6)
                 Already looked up Moonves - (drook) - (5)
                     comparing cameron vs burton thru their art using similes - (boxley) - (4)
                         Now I know why I didn't get you - (drook) - (3)
                             moonvess is a slick producer/technician - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Burton - (beepster)
                                 Alice had two main problems - (drook)

Perfectly clear, if you swallow the right mushrooms and squint your eyes just right.
79 ms