IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New neat
just finished migrating to a bigger drive. My 320GB had 15GB free, I figured it would get tight soon due to Steam (only thing I'd gotten so far was Portal as I've been busy playing the Starcraft 2 Beta). Was at Fry's yesterday and the Hitachi 500GB, 16MB cache and 7200rpm was on sale for $70. I picked up 2, the other's going in the PS3.
New had to redo the migration
booting took forever and the console showed a bunch of problems with MediaLink (the software I use to serve music, videos and photos to my PS3). Went to the control panel and it complained it wasn't installed.

I initially ran Carbon Copy Cloner overnight while booted from the drive I was copying. Guess that's a no-no, though I didn't see anything about it in the documentation.

So today I installed OS X to a 16 GB flash drive and booted from there, then ran CCC again. New copy appears to be working fine.

When I powered up my Time Machine drive, I was able to go into Time Machine and view older files so I figured that was OK as well. However, when I turned Time Machine back on it decided that everything was new and needed to be backed up again. Oh well, at least it's integrating it with the existing data and not treating it like a new machine.
     A nifty Mac thing. - (pwhysall) - (3)
         Nice - thanks! -NT - (Meerkat)
         neat - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             had to redo the migration - (SpiceWare)

There ARE supposed to be two as-es there!
61 ms