IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Conclusion
(Despite earlier efforts noted above ... this was 'fixed' for a time, then recurred.
I sent a final note that it had also spread to other sub-sites of theirs..

Got this today:
"Hello,
Thank you for the note. The ad campaign responsible for this issue has been suspended."

Now if more sites actually bounced the offenders..

New It's tough to investigate ads that misbehave.
For many many sites, ad-space is sold through several layers before actual content appears. Idiocy takes a while to track down and larger vendors and networks take to binning whole (sub)networks which is incredibly bad for business. I imagine the more savvy ones might be putting SLAs into their contracts requiring time to investigate before such action is done. Unfortunately, there are always ad-makers who don't care and will continue to release badly behaved code.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New That's not the (entire) problem
The problem is most of the ads are loaded dynamically from third-party servers. It doesn't even have to be a bad ad, just wonkiness on the server that's (supposed to be) serving it.

I had an ad for a while that held up the page load for >20 seconds -- which might as well be forever in web-surfing years -- because their DB was saturated. No, the browser shouldn't have hung because of that, but it did.

And if something is bad with the ad, they can pull it before you're able to investigate.
--

Drew
     Weather Underground -- welcomes reports; fixes: Fast. - (Ashton) - (6)
         They seem to be a great outfit.I'm happy to send them $10/yr -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Would that more put $ where mouth be; apropos - (Ashton)
         Conclusion - (Ashton) - (2)
             It's tough to investigate ads that misbehave. - (static) - (1)
                 That's not the (entire) problem - (drook)
         Re: Weather Underground -- welcomes reports; fixes: Fast. - (malraux)

I'm reconciled to the existence of idiots in the world, but I'm bitterly resentful of whoever it was who first thought to make computer technology available to them.
55 ms