IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What's the opposite of "benefit of the doubt"?
You were responding to his comment, "Of course, Congress is never going to cut doctor's salaries that much in one fell swoop."

That was a response to the article he quoted, which discussed the possible impact of proposed Medicare changes on one doctor's net profits.

For your question to be meaningful, you had to assume that Scott's goal was to reduce doctor salaries. You then had to conclude that his comment was not a statement of fact, but stating a problem.

When you assume the worst of intentions, and use those assumptions to turn analysis into argument, you make it impossible to have a reasonable discussion. Challenging your opponent on every statement of fact may be a good rhetorical device, but it doesn't lead to common ground. It's a sign that winning the argument is more important than understanding each other.
--

Drew
New When you state it that clearly
you violate the Human Events™ Rulez !111!!
(once summarized by one Newt Gingrich: his little working notes somehow found their way into the meeja -- they were All about How To Do [do just what you are suggesting is most often the Beep n'Bill Game.]
This is quite beyond stupid rhetorical badinage -- it is about making actual discourse, to some fucking Purpose [Any fucking Purpose]: impossible.

Which, as with WOPR's [machine] comment in That Movie:
"The only way to win this [War] Game is Not to play.."

er, qed?

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New ok dad;=)
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Damn whippersnapper
--

Drew
New Well HE started it!
(we have had a dr income discussion before, HONEST)
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     nother and Jake care to comment? - (boxley) - (20)
         Deep pockets, insurance, damages, device mfgs and pharma. - (folkert) - (19)
             Who defines what "real" is? - (beepster) - (1)
                 Not talking about Early Patent stuff. - (folkert)
             how did torte reform work in texas and alaska - (boxley) - (4)
                 Don't see where your posts - (beepster) - (3)
                     Texas has torte reform as well as alaska - (boxley) - (2)
                         Actually, thinking he means - (beepster) - (1)
                             which is then passed to the consumer - (boxley)
             Your malpractice numbers don't make sense. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                 What, you think... - (beepster) - (8)
                     Yes, that's *exactly* what I think. Of course. :-/ - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         Are you talking about insurance rate,,, - (beepster) - (6)
                             I made an assumption. - (Another Scott)
                             What's the opposite of "benefit of the doubt"? - (drook) - (4)
                                 When you state it that clearly - (Ashton)
                                 ok dad;=) -NT - (beepster) - (2)
                                     Damn whippersnapper -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                         Well HE started it! - (beepster)
                 Re: Your malpractice numbers don't make sense. - (altmann) - (1)
                     Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

On bassline: Martina Nav... Navri... gosh, I wish she'd get married.
50 ms