IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The margarine substitution is the fly in the ointment
Does something in full-fat dairy actually protect the heart, or is it that people replace diary with margarine, which damages the heart? Are they able to separate out people who reduce dairy consumption without a corresponding increase in margarine consumption?

You're absolutely right about drawing inferences. Scientists have been doing that with the best of intentions for decades and they've been consistently wrong.

It's not easy to test, even under controlled conditions. You can replace one item with a different item, but you can't just eliminate an item without replacing it, or you're also reducing calorie intake. Then how do you know your results aren't due to the caloric change?
--

Drew
New Well, since margarine is made with Trans Fats . . .
. . the current heart disease boogyman . . presumptions will be made.

Fortunately I rejected margarine while still in my youth as tasting like axle grease, and completely ignored "modern science", rejecting polyunsaturated oils in favor of olive oil, a substance we were warned against at the time.

This has worked out fairly well in the long run.
New I very much favor that approach
Listen to your instincts.

They work, mostly.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
     One for Drew and AG. - (Another Scott) - (3)
         The margarine substitution is the fly in the ointment - (drook) - (2)
             Well, since margarine is made with Trans Fats . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 I very much favor that approach - (mhuber)

If there are really aliens, I would think that L. Ron Hubbard would have to be one of them.
123 ms