Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Old, but still worth a hearty WTF
http://www.lionsdenu...1_79612_large.jpg
--

Drew
New Does not pass the smell test
A genuine asshole authoritarian teacher would not have specified and acknowledged his mistake: would merely have reported student for defiance and subsequently lied about the details, transposing the assertions if necessary. Have none of you gone to high school?

cordially,
New Maybe
But I doubt there's a shortage of teachers who would just as easily think, "So I had it backwards, what's it to ya?"
--

Drew
New Actually, no
A teacher dumb enough not to know that issue is also dumb enough to try to stop the behavior in the future.

And if it was an idiot parent, simply talking back to the teacher is a reason to get beat, no matter why.

I know parents like this. So the letter would have worked for their situation. I know teachers like this. They tried to strongarm me into strongarming the kid.

I've gone to school to battle an idiot teacher like this. Multiple times.

We sacrificed a year of the boy's life to an idiot. When it seemed the girl was going to get her, I was done. I cornered the new superintendent at the school board meeting. He sat in her classroom for a week and then she took an early retirement. Was 3rd grade.

When the administration is not as helpful, I still push. I've been banned from school grounds over this. High school is a lot different. I would have been arrested if I stepped 1 foot in the parking lot. But the teacher and administration got a lot of pain in the process, and the kid is no longer in that school, so it was worth it.

Never underestimate the power of stupity.
New That your own experience is so large bodes ill
for any prospects of finding, training, installing, Supporting ... a merely adequate 'teaching force' within this era of accelerating decline in most major topic-areas.

I credit your responses to such matters more than random anecdotes because, while you must be meticulous in IT-matters (as would be deemed anal by a prole with no idea of the necessity of such rigor re these dumb machines) -- you've demonstrated that you do not extend that habit into the fuzzier, people-grade Problems.

That you've needed to do combat with so many.. suggests a more precipitate decline than ever.
You simply Can't raise a group of new citizens via such dull mindsets as these. You can only train-up unquestioning stimulus-response droids out of a casting call for 1984 -- The Sequel.

(And even that stark Fact-of-disintegration has yet to penetrate with full-force, as meeja continues to pander to the simple-minded easily-led morons, who seem to have become a plurality -- mind-melded to anticipate with glee: the next Murican Idle pap-show of the week.)
It sucks to be US :-/ Or worse: to be a US-Parent at this point in history.

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New But my personal examples are just that
Personal. My family. My kids. In decent school systems.

These teachers were not the majority, they were the minority. Most teachers I've interacted with in the last 20 years were smart and caring.

So I don't want to generalize on this one, I was merely pulling life examples to show the outliers are there, the story is believable, and those of us with kids need to be prepared to meet these people.
     Old, but still worth a hearty WTF - (drook) - (5)
         Does not pass the smell test - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Maybe - (drook)
             Actually, no - (crazy) - (2)
                 That your own experience is so large bodes ill - (Ashton) - (1)
                     But my personal examples are just that - (crazy)

Colossal liquid insect.
40 ms