1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Woodie had a note on his
*** USE MUZZLE ***
*** USE MUZZLE ***
*** USE MUZZLE ***

I don't know what happened to bring that on. Well ... I don't know specifically what happened, but it was when they were clipping his nails. He never liked having his paws handled.
--

Drew
New Mine used to be that way
But since a certain person put me in a position to decide between her and the cats (I decided correctly) the cats have become calm enough that I regularly trim their nails without difficulty.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New Mine look after their claws themselves.
Neither of them claw the furniture, though, because they have a scratching post. Yes, they use it. They've had it since they were kittens. That's why they use it.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New It's not about the furniture
I'm pretty sure they are doing almost as much damage with the shorter and blunter claws.

It's about my hide.

They like to pet me. They are apparently unaware either that human skin is thin and soft, or that they have claws.

I'm guessing it's the claws.

I thought it was the skin. I assumed that when I trimmed the claws I'd still feel claws on my skin, just no longer razor-sharp. Nope. When their nails are trimmed, the claws don't reach my skin at all. A little surprising, really, because I only take about a sixteenth of an inch off the end.

The other reason I started trimming them is that they sometimes got their claws hung up in the furniture and ended up hanging there. Didn't look fun.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New My vole-hunter has razor-sharp claws..
Fortunately, when he's affectionately latching on to my arm (his form of 'embrace'?) -- his is the skill of an eye-surgeon: I can feel all 16ish claws just barely 'depressing' skin.
He hasn't screwed up yet. No scratch marks or even tiny holes. (Even if I type! while he's ..communing.)

Dunno where this abandoned kitty (for an unknown tenure) acquired such savoire faire, but Squeak surprises in many other ways, including:
a wide vocabulary of whistles, chirps and, of course squeaks ... tailored to chow time, Go Out time, etc.
He communicates quite more straightforwardly than your average biped. Priceless, is what he is.
New They do that...don't they
Train their biped "associates", that is...

Welcome the the U. S. of A., Inc.
jb4
     IRLRPD. - (Another Scott) - (7)
         Cats and vets. - (static) - (6)
             Woodie had a note on his - (drook) - (5)
                 Mine used to be that way - (mhuber) - (4)
                     Mine look after their claws themselves. - (static) - (3)
                         It's not about the furniture - (mhuber) - (2)
                             My vole-hunter has razor-sharp claws.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 They do that...don't they - (jb4)

This is why I am in therapy.
74 ms