IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not my point
I don't care what they call it. And I'm not saying the activity called "female genital mutilation" is morally equivalent to male circumcision just because supporters of FGM have called it "female circumcision".

What I'm saying is that male circumcision is cutting off part of an infant's genitals without his consent. (Obviously, since he's eight days old.) It's been fairly standard in American hospitals for decades, for reasons people believe are health and hygiene based.

But the way it's practiced among Hasidic Jews is pretty gruesome when you read the details. I can't honestly say that what they do is worse than "nicking" the clitoris in a ritual manner.

If the procedure described in this new language is morally unacceptable, then so is brit milah. If you don't think so, it's only because you have been raised in a society that considers circumcision to be "normal".
--

Drew
New Seconded..
In gratitude to my Smart Mater, who-- way back in the even-darker Ages -- told them to shove it, when they wanted to make a boat payment at the expense of collecting another foreskin.
($$ never the issue -- lockstep non-thinking and outrage at the utter and palpable-BS about 'hygiene' was her Point.)

Ditto on: ritual tonsillectomy, appendectomy and the usual stuff of the Medico-Bizness through the ages.
Lucky moi; had I only Realized her perspicuity, back in the I Know Everything phase, through which all must pass :-/

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
     cross board posting apologies - (boxley) - (6)
         Implications - (drook) - (5)
             if bris meant removing the penis at the root - (boxley) - (4)
                 Compare to what this language is advocating - (drook) - (3)
                     Opposing the horror, not the title - (mhuber) - (2)
                         Not my point - (drook) - (1)
                             Seconded.. - (Ashton)

Iffn' you ain't the granddaddy of all liars!
72 ms