IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New True enough
on the other hand, I can't see how they could possibly justify spending that money, considering that they have to know that simply wining their software will only result in people staying away in droves.

If the rumours are actually true, I'm pretty sure that this is a bid to ensure they never get held hostage by their platform vendors.

Of course, always believe it when it happens. But hey, would it be irresponsible to speculate? It would be irresponsible not to!
New Re: True enough
On the gripping hand, the Linux gaming market is strewn with the failures of the past; remember Loki?

Wining their stuff might be the only cost-effective way to get Source titles on Linux, given that the aforementioned Linux gaming market is tiny.
New Yeah, but if they hired a guy in 2008 to run it
and all they've done in two years is wine Source, then they really suck at their job.
     Valve's Steam coming to Linux. - (folkert) - (15)
         Makes a lot of sense - (jay) - (8)
             ... - (folkert) - (7)
                 Linux servers - (jay) - (6)
                     If the are already... - (folkert) - (5)
                         It'll be down to individual publishers. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             In that case, wouldn't VirtualBox make more sense? - (Another Scott)
                             I hope not. - (folkert)
                             Don't know if this will be the same for Linux - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                                 If that is true.. - (folkert)
         Re: Valve's Steam coming to Linux. - (jake123) - (5)
             Put Myth in a gaming console with Blueray - (drook)
             Remember, this is the same Valve that was... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 True enough - (jake123) - (2)
                     Re: True enough - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Yeah, but if they hired a guy in 2008 to run it - (jake123)