IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Too many developers are too pragmatic for him to be right
First lots of developers hate Microsoft, but hold their noses every day and keep working on Windows because that's where the money is.

Second, there is a constant stream of new developers who weren't burned by whatever pissed off the last generation. Using MS as the example again, how many times in the last 20 years have you heard some 20-something say that this time is different, and you're just being paranoid if you think there is anything nefarious behind MS's latest actions?
--

Drew
New Good points
Still doesn't mean they get my $$ for this particular device. Of course, they don't care.

I'll enjoy watching the Linux alternatives popping up.
New very true
I like my job, but not the Windows aspect.

Our software uses OpenGL, so there is a small chance it could end up on the Mac. It was originally run on Unix workstations, but all the customers have migrated to Windows and the current version is run via Hummingbird's Exceed (X Server for Windows). We're pretty close to releasing the first Windows native version.
     'Is Apple the new Microsoft?' - (Ashton) - (32)
         This is new? - (beepster)
         Re: 'Is Apple the new Microsoft?' - (lincoln) - (1)
             The problem is... - (folkert)
         See, here's the thing - (pwhysall) - (28)
             Concur.. - (Ashton)
             I'm usually on the fence - (crazy) - (26)
                 the iPad is an Appliance - (SpiceWare) - (25)
                     Not buying it - (crazy) - (23)
                         their target market doesn't even know what an MMU is. -NT - (SpiceWare) - (22)
                             Nor should they - (crazy) - (21)
                                 ah - multitasking - (SpiceWare) - (16)
                                     And perceived speed is more important than measured - (drook)
                                     2 issues for me - (crazy) - (14)
                                         Apple might be planning for underlying changes - (SpiceWare)
                                         Just wait until the ARM... - (folkert) - (11)
                                             Microsoft? - (static) - (10)
                                                 Clouds. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                     Wasn't AutoCad on custom hardware for a long time? - (drook) - (7)
                                                         AutoCAD used to be... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                             No it didn't - (altmann) - (1)
                                                                 Oh yeah... - (folkert)
                                                         Don't recall. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                             Whaddaya mean "looking at"? - (drook) - (2)
                                                                 Isn't that what I said? :-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Roger, all clear -NT - (drook)
                                                     Pixlr - (Another Scott)
                                         Also, to address the OLD ARM... - (folkert)
                                 He says it well - (crazy) - (3)
                                     Too many developers are too pragmatic for him to be right - (drook) - (2)
                                         Good points - (crazy)
                                         very true - (SpiceWare)
                     Agree. - (malraux)

Rutabaga.
63 ms