IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: 'Is Apple the new Microsoft?'
One view about this thought:

Would Steve Jobs ban iTunes from Windows?

Taking dead aim at Adobe, Steve Jobs has in essence banned developers from using rival programming tools to create iPhone and iPad applications. Given that logic, if he were head of Microsoft would he ban iTunes from Windows because it uses non-native Windows APIs?

column: http://blogs.compute...unes_from_windows

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New The problem is...
Flash just takes *tooooooo much* processing to be useful.

And I can see it finally going away, I hope!
     'Is Apple the new Microsoft?' - (Ashton) - (32)
         This is new? - (beepster)
         Re: 'Is Apple the new Microsoft?' - (lincoln) - (1)
             The problem is... - (folkert)
         See, here's the thing - (pwhysall) - (28)
             Concur.. - (Ashton)
             I'm usually on the fence - (crazy) - (26)
                 the iPad is an Appliance - (SpiceWare) - (25)
                     Not buying it - (crazy) - (23)
                         their target market doesn't even know what an MMU is. -NT - (SpiceWare) - (22)
                             Nor should they - (crazy) - (21)
                                 ah - multitasking - (SpiceWare) - (16)
                                     And perceived speed is more important than measured - (drook)
                                     2 issues for me - (crazy) - (14)
                                         Apple might be planning for underlying changes - (SpiceWare)
                                         Just wait until the ARM... - (folkert) - (11)
                                             Microsoft? - (static) - (10)
                                                 Clouds. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                     Wasn't AutoCad on custom hardware for a long time? - (drook) - (7)
                                                         AutoCAD used to be... - (folkert) - (2)
                                                             No it didn't - (altmann) - (1)
                                                                 Oh yeah... - (folkert)
                                                         Don't recall. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                             Whaddaya mean "looking at"? - (drook) - (2)
                                                                 Isn't that what I said? :-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Roger, all clear -NT - (drook)
                                                     Pixlr - (Another Scott)
                                         Also, to address the OLD ARM... - (folkert)
                                 He says it well - (crazy) - (3)
                                     Too many developers are too pragmatic for him to be right - (drook) - (2)
                                         Good points - (crazy)
                                         very true - (SpiceWare)
                     Agree. - (malraux)

"There are two major products that come from Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence." -- Jeremy S. Anderson
113 ms