IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Does google hate me?
I've been posting the playlists for my show, Play I Some Music, in rec.music.reggae for many years

Verizon has dropped the UseNet from my home connection, so I've used google groups for the last few years

Since April, I can no longer post to google groups

my posts appear for a few minutes an then disappear

google wants users with problems to join a special group and post there

that post never appeared

when you use google groups, you can check a box when your posting to have a copy of your post sent to your registered email address

this feature works

when you look at the help section in google groups they make it clear that they do not want to be contacted except for legal issues

the excitement builds

A
New Example?
New Re: Example?
from the google site

What can we help you with?
Our goal is to help you get the fastest answer to your question. Here's how you can find what you're looking for:

Post your question to the Help Group, where other users and our Google Guides will be able to help you.
We offer email support only for the following cases:
Report abuse and/or a legal matter

here's a header from an email that was sent when I checked the box to send me a copy when trying to post the playlist (that is not in rec.music.reggae, at least through google groups)

Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy 3/27/10
To: playisomemusic@email.com

is this what you meant?

A

New Sorry.
I meant was there an example post that you could point us to. Perhaps the post did make it out of your area, but just isn't visible to you.

Long shot, I know.

I haven't done anything on Usenet in ages. Most of my interactions that were there are now on mailing lists, and those seem to be mirrored in Google's Groups Ok.

E.g. http://groups.google...ython-users?pli=1

You're probably either going to have to go with a dedicated Usenet provider as was suggested above, or maybe try a mailing list. ISPs seem to do as little as possible to provide decent Usenet access any more.

HTH a little. Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ahh
well, if anyone can check rec.music.reggae for
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy 3/27/10
I'd be curious to know if others can see it

A
New Don't see that one.
The last I see is "Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy 2/27/10" with a header dated 3/6/2010, 9:40AM. Your message to Google Groups Basics dated 4/3/2010 also shows up.

Could it be related to your ....email.com address? Maybe some spam filter somewhere has blacklisted you. Maybe you should try with a ...gmail.com address?

I'm sorry I can't help more. Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Don't see that one.
I'm trying gmail account

A
New Seems Ok so far.
New Go with a service like Giganews
$7.95/month for unlimited posting, 10 gig/month downloads, over 400 days retention of messages. I used to have a cheaper newsgroup provider but they stopped carrying anything that was interesting to me.

There are cheaper alternatives out there, but these guys are pretty rock solid.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Didn't VZ
give an alternate newsgroup option?

When comcast dropped, they gave a limited account to GigaNews.

I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     Does google hate me? - (andread) - (9)
         Example? -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Re: Example? - (andread) - (5)
                 Sorry. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Ahh - (andread) - (3)
                         Don't see that one. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Re: Don't see that one. - (andread) - (1)
                                 Seems Ok so far. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Go with a service like Giganews - (lincoln)
         Didn't VZ - (beepster)

Ohh... they're still working.
53 ms