IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Problems with Windows 7
Hey all,

I just got a brand new computer, an Intel i5 quad-processor named Vladimir.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, and the screensaver goes wonky, when I run it in Windows Photoscreensaver mode, it doesn't limit itself to the file I point it at. Instead it collects photos and jpgs and other graphics or such from all over my hard drive and displays them as my screensaver.

This wouldn't be so bad, except it is showing me funeral photos of...you guessed it, casket views!

I really don't want dead people on my screen, any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Brenda
But the problem still exists that it isn't directing only to the folder I tell it to. I really don't care to see every photo my sister took of children, every reunion shot, and every other miscellaneous shot we've gotten disks of from people.

The book doesn't even imply that Windows 7 has this feature, to seek out every pitcure and integrate it into the screensaver. So I was hoping maybe someone else ran into this issue and found a fix?

Brenda

And delete the coffin pictures. That's just creepy.
New Re: What's to fix?
That's the problem, it won't use the folder I'm telling it to use.

I shouldn't delete them, and I agree they are creepy. They are part of a set of funeral shots my family wanted, and need to be there to be put on a CD when asked for.

I'm still trying to find a solution where it will only use my folder I choose, not all the others.

Brenda
"Windows 7 Photo Screensaver does not go to designated folder" gets 34K hits and early ones give a text intro which might point you in the right general part of that maze (which is claimed by Redmond to be a 'Menu'.)

I've no experience with 7, so can't add anything -- likely some of these replies will click (on something you may have clicked on -- or didn't know you needed to click on.)

Luck,

Ashton,
in month 16 of a sane relationship with an iMac -- it just does what I want, the menus are in English and ... what a Relief from All That Aggravation.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New Thanks Ashton :)
We actually just managed to solve it today, before I even saw your post. John did further research into the folders it was displaying, and discovered a short-cut from the Screensaver folder to the Pictures folder...not sure why, guess there had to be some reason once. Anyway, shortcut removed, and so far, no more ghosts on-screen. ;)

I've still got a lot to learn about Windows 7 and Office 2007 (I jumped to there from Office '97), but I'm glad that one's solved!

Thanks!

Brenda

P.S. Thanks for the wording too, I didn't think of "does not go to designated folder" when I searched, I was using, "Collecting photos from entire hard drive." Sometimes the wording is all you need to change!
Expand Edited by Nightowl April 12, 2010, 01:37:28 AM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl April 12, 2010, 01:38:17 AM EDT
     Problems with Windows 7 - (Nightowl) - (6)
         Delete the coffin pictures? -NT - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Thought about that...or moving them off-HD - (Nightowl) - (4)
                 What's to fix? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Re: What's to fix? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                         Google is your fiend - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Thanks Ashton :) - (Nightowl)