IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ar, saw that.
If it's shit, it's going back. Simple as that.

Distance selling law in the UK, see. 14-day cooling off period, irrespective of any other warranty'n'shit.
New Concur: Anti-Flame on Distance selling laws.
It's the same here in dot-fi.

I checked out something -- can't quite remember what; was it the camera? -- at a finnish net-shop's(*) B-&-M shop a while ago, and as the bloke behind the counter checked availability, he said "Yep, we've got it in stock, just not on the shelf here in the shop; you gotta order it." Among the various delivery methods is pick-up -- the pick-up point is over at the outer end of the shop, just outside the shop cash register. (It has its own registers.)

OK, said I, can you order it for me, or lend me your terminal for a second? In reply, he pointed out where there were several terminals (i.e, computers hooked up to the Net and with browsers pointed to the net-shop's homepage) -- but then he added, since there is no warranty on this product / no return right if you buy it in the shop, and IP addresses are logged, it's much better to go somewhere else and order it.

Which I did; then returned to pick it up, just as if I'd bought it in the shop in the first place... Only now protected by the unconditional two-week return right provided by the mail-order sale law.

Nanny state FTW!

(*): The biggest and oldest one, that's called just NetShop: verkkokauppa.com (verkko = net; kauppa = shop)
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), same old GMail.
New Zooks!
     Fucking Computers - (pwhysall) - (12)
         Yeah. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             They're doing their best to make them disposable. -NT - (static) - (1)
                 It sure seems that way. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
         Ya know, the human body - (mhuber)
         Ummm, it's an electronic part - (Ashton) - (7)
             Wouldn't work on mine - (drook)
             I've solved the problem... - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Re: I've solved the problem... - (malraux) - (3)
                     Ar, saw that. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         Concur: Anti-Flame on Distance selling laws. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Zooks! -NT - (Another Scott)
             Re: Ummm, it's an electronic part - (pwhysall)

Caveat emptor.
49 ms