1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh, nope, I was the set right before him
--

Drew
New The Sundram link?
I'm having trouble making much sense of the History of that article - it probably just hasn't "clicked" yet.

Did you add the Sundram link and discussion? It's not very conversational, and it's not terribly clear to this lay-reader that the changes reported are bad. It's very medical-ese.

I'm probably reading the wrong version... :-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yup
Most of the previous links are saying, "Everything is hokey-dokey." And they're doing it by looking at very short-term studies and reading specific markers. Markers that -- it now turns out -- don't actually correlate all that well with heard disease. Oops.

The one I added shows that interesterified fats not only raise the LDL/HDL ratio, they also significantly boost blood glucose (20%) and depress insulin (22%). It's bad shit.

Oh, and speaking of LDL ... it turns out there's a difference between large-particle LDL and small-particle LDL. Saturated fat (meat) boosts large particle, which is why meat eaters show higher LDL/HDL ratios. But it's small particle LDL that causes heart disease. Large particle LDL is neutral. Take this news with a grain of salt (heh) because the company paying for that research makes a test that distinguishes between large and small particle LDL.
--

Drew
     Had to update my sweeteners page again. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
         Article idea - (drook) - (6)
             Stuff that say "Zero trans fats". - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 I wonder if my Wikipedia update will be reverted - (drook) - (4)
                     If this is it, the answer is no. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Heh, nope, I was the set right before him -NT - (drook) - (2)
                             The Sundram link? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Yup - (drook)

Indigenous life must be in agreement.
76 ms