IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Kodak? If not, maybe this thread will help anyway.
http://ubuntuforums....hp/t-1163070.html

[...]

trx64
December 29th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I have found a partial solution here from Petr:

https://bugs.launchp...linux/+bug/331681

Quick fix - run script in terminal "sudo killall gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor" then connect the camera.

Long-term fix (Prevent the process from starting) - run script in terminal "sudo chmod -x /usr/lib/gvfs/gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor"

Then go to System -> Preferences -> Removable drives and media -> Cameras and remove the "f-spot-import" with "gthumb --import-photos" or etc...

The quick fix works for me, have just tried it. However, there is no 'Removable drives and media' menu in Karmic so I don't know how to complete the action. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Tom

Worked form me (Kodak EasyShare Z915). It's a bug in Ubuntu, Mandriva recognized my camera out of box.

Try to right-click in the system menu, and select "Edit Menus". The "Removable drives and media" is probably there, it's just disabled. Homever, you can execute it with:

$ gnome-volume-properties

However, lots of people reply and say it didn't work for them.

HTH a little.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks, but no, my problem's earlier
Theirs aren't mounting correctly. Mine isn't even trying to mount. The mount works fine manually, it's just automount that isn't happening. (Yes, I tried their solution anyway.)
--

Drew
New Did you change the USB mode of your camera?
If you changed from mass storage to that other mode...

That is your problem.

I had the same thing with my Sansa.
New I didn't touch anything on the camera
The difference was a reboot to apply a new kernel. And whatever changes were associated with that.
--

Drew
New I still use Debian Sid.
There is a reason for that... and its staring you in the face.

It only took 2.7 years to get a bug fixed dealing with not having a battery in my T61 while being on and not being forced into 800MHz mode.

Now I get 1.6GHz, better but not fixed. Its a Kernel issue. But everything else seems to work... oh except the Debian policy regarding *BLOB FIRMWARE*.

So, right now I am stuck on 2.6.31-rc4.

2.6.32 is where all the stabilization is happening for the squeeze release and I cannot boot that Kernel as no X will be there, as the *BLOB* firmware for the video card is considered non-free. Except its available in full source code, but GCC can't compile it in that form and has to be compiled by the Intel compiler. (its loadable by any loader then).

Grrr.
New Well that sucks
--

Drew
     Ubuntu stopped automounting camera - (drook) - (12)
         Kodak? If not, maybe this thread will help anyway. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Thanks, but no, my problem's earlier - (drook) - (4)
                 Did you change the USB mode of your camera? - (folkert) - (3)
                     I didn't touch anything on the camera - (drook) - (2)
                         I still use Debian Sid. - (folkert) - (1)
                             Well that sucks -NT - (drook)
         Re: Ubuntu stopped automounting camera - (NMI) - (5)
             Found that, one problem - (drook) - (4)
                 /dev/sdb1 implies USB storage mode - (scoenye) - (3)
                     Tried it, but no - (drook) - (2)
                         One last far flung try... - (scoenye) - (1)
                             Will take a look, but not hopeful - (drook)

"I couldn't have done it without him, sir."

"Cheek."
44 ms