IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pretty sure there's a back-story
There are absolutely no details, but I'll bet it was something like this: Some employee had a habit of wearing offensive amounts of perfume. Maybe it triggered allergies, maybe it caused headaches, maybe it was just disgusting to work near her.

Someone finally complained to a manager who, rather than do the hard work of, you know, managing, decided that he couldn't do anything about it. Left with no alternative, the other employee sued.

The lower the level an issue is handled on, the more tailored the response can be. The higher you make it go, the more generic it's going to be. Low-level managers should be encouraged to solve problems at their level, and supported in their reasonable decisions.

Yes, this requires low-level managers to exercise judgment in handling issues, and mid-level managers to exercise judgment in evaluating what the low-level managers do, and so on up the line.
--

Drew
New or the other back story, perfume doesnt replace bathing
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
     How do we get stupid "zero tolerance" type rules? - (beepster) - (15)
         Pretty sure there's a back-story - (drook) - (1)
             or the other back story, perfume doesnt replace bathing -NT - (boxley)
         What's stupid about the settlement? - (Another Scott) - (12)
             its the result - (beepster) - (11)
                 You get them because the litigious nature of society - (jake123) - (10)
                     No.. - (beepster) - (9)
                         I still don't see it. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                             court is an american right of redress of last resort - (boxley)
                             Did you read the original link? - (beepster) - (6)
                                 Yes, I did. I think my links are more accurate. YMMV. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     So you have confidence - (beepster) - (1)
                                         When it comes to the air fresheners - (jake123)
                                 Which is why the manager should have handled it - (drook)
                                 I did, - (mhuber) - (1)
                                     Interesting take - (beepster)

CROP CIRCLES APPEAR ON HUMAN HEADS!
57 ms