IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Smart car?
Already, the typical car boasts more computing power than your typical desktop PC. Already the electronics in a car cost more ($728) than the steel in the car ($675).

Really? I'm sure he had references in the book -- published in 1998, so desktop computers are obviously more powerful now -- but that's kind of stunning.

http://www.kk.org/ne...-more-industr.php
--

Drew
New Amory Lovins again ...
Apparently~ everyone is current with his proposals and demos except CIEIOs and related Suits.
(Do they dogmatically tune-out his ideas / read only other Suits' reports or, as I suspect -- does Biz 101 so thoroughly mangle whole sub-networks of grey cells that, well ... you know..)

'Course though..

. . .

Once we visualize cars as chips with wheels, it's easier to imagine airplanes as chips with wings, farms as chips with soil, houses as chips with inhabitants. Yes, they will have mass, but that mass will be subjugated by the overwhelming amount of knowledge and information flowing through it. In economic terms, these objects will behave as if they had no mass at all. In that way, they migrate to the network economy.

.. smacks of that sort of Boolean minimalism / like, say 'MAN ls' / that techno-types are prone towards.
A 'farm' shall never be "a chip with soil" any more than a penis shall be "a manic obsession to Penetrate--attached to a homo-sap."
Live critters do not obey fanciful network diagrams. Evah. Live things are walking metaphors.

[Only Consumers easily may be herded systematically; there remains a question re.such:]
Just how 'live' IS a fully-programmed I Want I Want Buying-robot ??
New Funny you should put it that way
First yeah, I thought it was a bit reductionist too. But your issue about "consumers" reminds me of a bit in Chriton's "Prey", which I just read.

Towards the end the protagonist wonders what's the difference, really, between a person, and a swarm of autonomous nanomachines that collectively exhibit intelligence.
--

Drew
New bzz.. bzzzz... bzuzz..uh.. What? (gotta check with the IGM)
Well, we Are infested with trillions of beasties (there's one that hangs around our eyebrows which looks quite dragon-like.) But that's just the body-machine.

Don't think the thought works for 'the body' part of 'a person', *particularly
-- but given that the mind (allegedly somewhat related to the brain) has to Tell 'Us' each morning: ~'what' we are and where we are
-- in that pregnant few seconds as we awaken from the 'little death'
(Noting that: while in a dream-state our very idea of 'time' and motion is surreal as is 'our' 'self'):

I'd guess that a hive-mind would bear the same illusion of 'wholeness'/unity that we fancy we possess..
after those few seconds every morning, during which all we perceive is ~~
[THIS must be 'I'] [so, apparently, I AM.] {Hmmm ....Now, wtf Am I? Ah yes, that's Lucy's blouse.. etc.}

So I'd suppose: hive or jelloware, 'We' couldn't Tell.
(Nor could variants on 'we' -- those who hear voices "inside-head". Our 'I' is immanent (despite all the other little-'i's always chattering, too. I think..)

* a body has eyes and a mirror, so.. likely would perceive difference between a swarm and a pretty dense pinkish (or other hue) blob.

We now return you to your previously scheduled personality.. what's that? you Forgot that one !? Too..?
Hey: are you awake or dreaming-you're-awake!? Are you ummm, Sure?

OK, how did you tell Fersure??
New dont you have that bit flipped?
every morning we awake to the little death that consists of the daily grind. We are freed when the body allows us to leave time and space behind.
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New That version ... is all in your mind.
Your bit is flipped.
Just depends upon what, in the end, you think Your Time is worth to you. Then you plan accordingly.
One (who sees 'a grind' every day?) can leave that. Choice: new toys regularly -??- or your Time.

If it seems Worth it.
New Re: That version ... is all in your mind. it is
During the day I am constrained by the physical world age gravity and matter, asleep or in some cases awake I can throw off the physics which impact the material and do more interesting things. Compared to those, constraints of awake time/space awake is not so much a grind perhaps as a tether
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
Expand Edited by boxley March 12, 2010, 07:10:51 PM EST
     Smart car? - (drook) - (6)
         Amory Lovins again ... - (Ashton) - (5)
             Funny you should put it that way - (drook) - (4)
                 bzz.. bzzzz... bzuzz..uh.. What? (gotta check with the IGM) - (Ashton) - (3)
                     dont you have that bit flipped? - (boxley) - (2)
                         That version ... is all in your mind. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Re: That version ... is all in your mind. it is - (boxley)

As seen on TV!
42 ms