I've been continuing to wait, watching the prices and inventory drop on the 2009 models. Yesterday I went out to BestBuy to see one in the flesh.

They had lots of sets on display, and a 50G10 on the end of an interior shelf. It was running a Panasonic demo DVD. It looked very nice to me. Reflections from the overhead fluorescent lights were pretty strong, but not overbearing. I was surprised how little heat it put out. It's being closed out at $1299.

They also had some Samsung LED-backlit sets on display. The viewing angles were pretty good, but the colors were very garish to my eyes.

I've seen the 50G10 for less than $1250 on-line, but shipping is on the order of $200, so it's probably cheaper to buy locally and pay the tax and delivery charges. Unless the on-line stores start offering free shipping on it.

The G20 and G25 sets are supposedly better than the G10 and may have a MSRP of $100 (or more) less, so I'm continuing to wait. (Early adopters are probably going to pay close to MSRP, though.) Blacks are supposed to be better as well as lower power consumption, so it doesn't seem like the EPA is going to outlaw them this year. ;-) (No EPA numbers for the G20 and G25 are in the EnergyStar spreadsheet (link above) yet.) I still haven't decided if I care about THX or 3D or 24-Hz and so forth, but having some web connectivity would be nice.

More at the mega thread at AVS Forum - http://www.avsforum....ead.php?t=1214096

Cheers,
Scott.