IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Today, a little bit on wheat.
Confusing run-on: "Much of this hybridization occurred naturally in pre-agricultural times, but the hybridization that produced today's common wheat happened naturally, but in farmer's fields." -> "Much of this hybridization occurred naturally in pre-agricultural times. The hybridization that produced today's common wheat also happened naturally, but in farmers' fields." Note also the position of the apostrophe in "farmers'".

Grain table (on storage page) mentions "Note-1" several times, but there's no note.

I would reference a source for "translation should have been to Emmer".

Suggestions:

You don't mention anything about sprouted wheat. The natural food people I talk to insist it's the only safe way to eat flour. (Yeah yeah, I know. But some people look for it.)

Can you find a picture of that "edible tablecloth"? Sounds cool.

That long list of bullets at the bottom would work great as a chart. Grain type down the side, grinding size/method across the top.

And by the way, when do you plan to start selling something? You've already put about 50 times more work into this than plenty of people already making money off their sites.
--

Drew
New Ditto on that last bit.
New Thanks for the comments.
Some of the wording does need to be cleaned up, and there's always stuff missing on the first cut. For instance, on last weeks Corn page popcorn was completely missed (and added this week). So I'll work in sprouted wheat and a few other things that will pop up.

Haven't seen any pictures of really big injera bread, though my African cookbooks say it is made to table size. The pictures I've seen use bread about 10 to 12 inches diameter and overlap them to make the table cloth. The Wikipedia article on injera is fairly good.

As for Note-1, the notes are at the top of the page under "Notes". I may have to rearrange that if it's confusing.

As for selling stuff, I'm not going to start until a few personal matters are resolved, hopefully soon.
New Oh, that note
Just make the references a link then.
--

Drew
New Your site is where I send people to read about food.
That is, about ingredients, where they came from, etc.

I find your research fascinating.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New As do I.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New me three
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New My daughter makes it 4

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Today, a little bit on wheat. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
         Neat and well done. - (Another Scott)
         Re: Today, a little bit on wheat. - (drook) - (7)
             Ditto on that last bit. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Thanks for the comments. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Oh, that note - (drook)
                 Your site is where I send people to read about food. - (malraux) - (3)
                     As do I. -NT - (static)
                     me three -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         My daughter makes it 4 -NT - (lincoln)

This is also known as CIA-assisted self-determination.
46 ms