IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New SA: Build an Intel P55 Snow Leopard Hackintosh.
http://www.semiaccur...opard-hackintosh/

It's not quick or easy but is fairly painless
by Lars-Göran Nilsson

February 19, 2010

YOU MIGHT ALREADY have read one of the many guides on the net about how to get your PC running OS X. We have come across an approach that makes the whole install process a lot easier and thought we’d share it with you. By a lot we mean that you don’t need a Mac for starters, which should be a huge help to those who own only a PC and want to have a go at building a Hackintosh.

Let’s start with a few prerequisites for this to work, first of all you need to have a P55 motherboard, although it might work on other motherboards and chipsets as well, but we can’t guarantee it. For whatever reason it seems like Gigabyte’s range of P55 motherboards have the highest success rate, but some Asus, Biostar DFI, Intel and MSI boards will also work, just make sure you check which models are known to work by having a look here.

[...]

Intel P55 motherboards use the LGA 1156-pin CPUs. The top-of-the-line processor that is claimed to work without patches (but some have issues, apparently) is the Core i7-860 ($280 boxed at NewEgg).

The comparable Apple machine (the 27" iMac quad with the upgraded i7 processor) is around $2100.

This seems to be a good Geekbench score for a quasi-similar system - http://browse.geekbe...ench2/view/220686

The usual issues of violating Apple's license apply, of course.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is waiting for the new desktops to come out before seriously thinking about going this route.)
New I need a new machine...
For the workstation next to me.

I'm still considering a new Hackintosh. But I really think I need a Linux machine. Either way it'll be a rocking machine.
     SA: Build an Intel P55 Snow Leopard Hackintosh. - (Another Scott) - (1)
         I need a new machine... - (folkert)

He said, "Listen, shrimp. Don't you come trolling around here." What a crab. This guy was steamed. I could see the anchor in his eyes.
56 ms