IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is IE remembering and applying you login name/pw?
In other words does IWeThey say you are logged in (near top of page) when you first go to the site?
Alex

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." -- Neils Bohr (1885-1962)
New NO
Like I said, I erase all contents in the cookie and cache folders after shutting down IE and then re-starting it. I just came back from lunch, confirmed the cleanup, and retried new pseudonym/password - again, it got rejected.

Don't know what else to do other than create another new user.

(At least, the auto-fill for the sig works great!)
Beetlejuice
"It's Showtime!"
New problem exists even after cleaning and a reboot (nomsg)
Beetlejuice
"It's Showtime!"
New Try it in Netscape.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Don't have it here at work
And I can't download and install it, since the powers that be don't give employees full rights to the company desktops. If Netscape is reasonably small, I could download it, zip it to several floppies, and try from my apartment. Have a URL I can use?
Beetlejuice
"It's Showtime!"
New Do Mozilla instead.
[link|http://www.mozilla.org/|Mozilla.]
Alex

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." -- Neils Bohr (1885-1962)
New any known incompatibilities?
The shop here uses Groupwise for email, NT for the operating system, and I work in VB 6 and SQL Server 7. Anything that could potentially affect my productivity, i.e., "DLL Hell", would put my ass in jepordy, and I can't risk that in my current economic situation.

I was able to create another new user and post in the test forum; I'm just curious to see if it will allow me to register tomorrow. If so, I'll request that we kill the new pseudonyms and I'll create something else to be known under.
Beetlejuice
"It's Showtime!"
New Could it be a proxy cache?
Maybe the company proxy server is caching the password? You guys do have a proxy or firewall right?

Big tip, try not to read IWETHEY at work, they may not understand what it is and use it against you? At home one of those free Internet companies will work just fine.

One thing that you can do with floppies, if they haven't disabled flopy access, is to get the DOS version of PKZIP and then Zip with the "-&" option to spawn disks. This won't work in NT for some reason, so if you use NT, get the latest DOS version. The DOS version won't need to be installed and won't cause DLL Hell. Sounds like you are working at a company like the lawfirm was, I so much as install WinZip and they got upset and made me take it off. I remember the Techs telling me to support it myself because Visual BASIC was not a standard part of their workstation install! So any tech support issues I had to handle myself and it took time away from my other projects.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Admin - bconnors needs help - (SpiceWare) - (18)
         I reset it to that of his old nick. -NT - (admin) - (4)
             he said it still doesn't work -NT - (SpiceWare) - (3)
                 Deleted it... - (admin) - (2)
                     Userid and password works now - thanks! - (Beetlejuice) - (1)
                         Maybe if it is a Database based system - (orion)
         New userid password doesn't work this morning - (bconnors) - (10)
             Is IE remembering and applying you login name/pw? - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 NO - (bconnors) - (6)
                     problem exists even after cleaning and a reboot (nomsg) -NT - (bconnors)
                     Try it in Netscape. -NT - (admin) - (4)
                         Don't have it here at work - (bconnors) - (3)
                             Do Mozilla instead. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                 any known incompatibilities? - (bconnors) - (1)
                                     Could it be a proxy cache? - (orion)
             PEBKAC? - (admin) - (1)
                 You're probably right - (lincoln)
         Admin - latest status - (bconnors) - (1)
             Try this: - (Ashton)

I'm picturing tablizer on a laptop dragging around a 486 whitebox running Linux attached to a really long extension cord.
102 ms