IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wow, that really helps!
Hmmm, I read some of the things you found me in that search (thanks for that), and one of the things it said was to check the IRQs being used in Windows XP (which I am still running).

Turns out the D-Link card is sharing an IRQ with two other things. Maybe that is what is causing me to have wonky Windows when using the D-Link.

I can't remove the 56K modem card because I have a 56K External modem. ;)

More research by me is needed on this, and I also appreciate any other comments or thoughts you might have. At least you gave me a place to start! Thanks!

Brenda
Expand Edited by Nightowl Feb. 9, 2010, 08:25:11 PM EST
New Buy an Intel NIC.
Intel NIC cards are so much better for DSL lines. The work very well with most motherboards, where as Linksys NIC cards tend to be broadcom NIC card derivatives.

So yes, I know I'm being retentive and a bit sarcastic.
New Re: Buy an Intel NIC.
Hmmm, I have an Intel Motherboard, so that sounds promising. They didn't have an Intel PCI Network card at Office Max, but maybe we can find one if we look around or get one off the Internet.

Thanks for the advice, Folkert, and I don't think you are being sarcastic or retentive. I like the Intel brand.

I have a D-link Router, which was why we bought the corresponding D-link card in the first place.

BTW I read the post about you trying out for the job at ANL, John worked at LANL three summers and a full year, and his parents (and 1 of his step parents) worked there too. I wish you luck with whatever you decide.

Brenda
Expand Edited by Nightowl Feb. 9, 2010, 09:18:12 PM EST
     Conflict with Linksys Wireless Network Card -- please help? - (Nightowl) - (4)
         You're not alone... - (scoenye) - (3)
             Wow, that really helps! - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 Buy an Intel NIC. - (folkert) - (1)
                     Re: Buy an Intel NIC. - (Nightowl)

Listeners, the City Council, for national security reasons, have replaced the following report with the sound of a burbling brook, followed by the sound of a running blender.
46 ms