IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Add some [NoBreak] tags to post header table?
The Brycean* post by DrooK over in Open has done its work: Showed a potential right-shift problem in Ziw's thread (that is, main forum page) view (before you select any posts to read the body text of).

Now, I suppose this is something that varies for every reader -- do we want to all the text to be visible, even at the cost of ugly broken lines, or do we want each post's header to stay on one line, even at the cost of the ends of some going off-screen to the right?

I'm in the latter camp, so I'd like to see the "NoBreak" attribute added to the opening "tr" tag for each post in the main forum table.

A matter of taste, I suppose... (But a taste that differs from mine is BAD**, so don't listen to anyone who disagrees with me! :-)

*: "MIGHT MIGHT MMMMMMIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!"

**: By definition, like.

The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything, And Therefore Is Willing To Disputandum De Gustibus
New Do you mean...
Adding a nowrap attribute to each td tag in the main forum table, perhaps...? :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson
New NoWRAP, yes - but AFAIK, it...
...can be added to the TR tag, so you'd only have to add it once per post.

The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything, And Makes Up The Rest
New I didn't see it in the HTML 4.01 specs...
for TR that is.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New And actually...
The NOWRAP tag is deprecated, in favor of (gag) style sheets.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Well fuck THAT!
They can defuckripate that tag all they want... after they invent ANOTHER ONE JUST LIKE IT!

Non-standard, eh? Well, it seems to work on Innernedd [Gatesian pronunciation] Exploiter [Gatesian intention]... I've used it here at work. I'd guess it works on Nutscrape too; that must be why it was "standard" enough for Soothsayer to add it to the WAS packages, which is where I picked it up from.

The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Yeah, I know.
That's why I'm using 4.01 Transitional.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Theoretically...
CSS supports the white-space: nowrap standard which can be set in a class or style, but I don't know if any of the browsers actually support it.

Personally, I'd prefer using the deprecated NOWRAP attribute for the TD element. All the browsers seem to support it, and the worse case is that it will be probably be ignored by browsers that strictly support the standard.

Then again, maybe let the users decide in their configuation? It would allow us to make the decision instead of forcing your hand.
New Re: Theoretically...
Then again, maybe let the users decide in their configuation? It would allow us to make the decision instead of forcing your hand.
That's my plan. There will probably be a CSS and a non-CSS version.
Regards,

-scott anderson
     Add some [NoBreak] tags to post header table? - (CRConrad) - (8)
         Do you mean... - (admin) - (7)
             NoWRAP, yes - but AFAIK, it... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 I didn't see it in the HTML 4.01 specs... - (admin)
                 And actually... - (admin) - (2)
                     Well fuck THAT! - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         Yeah, I know. - (admin)
             Theoretically... - (CrisR) - (1)
                 Re: Theoretically... - (admin)

Did she think she was going to land in the back of a Pier 1 truck carrying papa-san chairs?
48 ms