IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mac Picture Album
Someone made a [link|http://homepage.mac.com/benvp/|Photo Gallery] or current Macs and pictures of future Macs? I am not sure if these photos are official or someone messing around in Photoshop?

But some of the pics are of TFT flat panel iMacs?

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

New Flat Panel iMacs
I think somebody's yanking with Photoshop. LCDs are still too expensive to put into an iMac that starts at US$899 (or so the mockup ad states.)

New Wishful thinking?
I think you are correct, someones been messing with Photoshop. How much do you think that a flat panel iMac would cost?

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

New I'm no expert, but
I understand that a 15 inch LCD screen costs around US$500 these days. Add in the rest of the components plus some markup and we might be talking around US$1200. (I'm just spit-balling here.)
New If they do it, IMO...
...it will be with the new screens from the ibook...which means if they go 14 inch (instead of the 12.1 in the ibook) they should be able to get 1280*1024 resolution pretty easily.

Instead, though...I think they would probably go wide screen format like the tibook...

Still...with scaling on production of these displays...they should be able to hit pretty close to the thousand dollar mark.

Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New So, what's the big deal about LCD iMacs?
Why is everyone getting their panties in a knot as to whether these do or will exist?

Speaking as a Mac user/fan, I really think some of us need to get a life.

(Of course, I was totally honked off about the negative MWNY coverage but that's another topic that I might start if I can calm down enough to put the words together.)

New I'm guessing $999 at a pinch.
Why so? Notice how with the last two launches of 'new' iMacs, the base model has climbed in price by $100? My piece of wild speculation is that this is to lessen the shock of an expensive LCD iMac. 'Only $100 increase' they will say...

Dumb observation of the day: If I turn off my iBook screen backlight, and shine a light through the Apple logo on the back, I can see a small wodge of screen lit up. How exciting. Not. :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     Mac Picture Album - (orion) - (6)
         Flat Panel iMacs - (tjsinclair) - (5)
             Wishful thinking? - (orion) - (4)
                 I'm no expert, but - (tjsinclair) - (3)
                     If they do it, IMO... - (bepatient) - (1)
                         So, what's the big deal about LCD iMacs? - (tjsinclair)
                     I'm guessing $999 at a pinch. - (Meerkat)

When you make someone eat shit, feed it to them with the right fork.
40 ms