as promised. Dazzling to watch it do all that work, flawlessly. All those tiny magnetic domains flipping through their individual hysteresis loops by-the-jillions sans error and nary an unwelcome message nor ambiguity. And I guess it's like this on all the older variants -- just a Bitchin piece of techno.
Kiss on both cheeks to the Apple boffins-All.

Noted though, after Update and then command for Time Machine to update with new OS:
150° F on that nasty GPU diode, correspondingly high on its heatsink, etc. during 7.92 GB --> to the tiny WD 2.5" Passport HD. Heat Kills. Ramped up the fans w/ smcFanControl for the duration. Then back to 'Winter' settings. Love it when such a neat little program does exactly what I want, tells me about it and then goes away. Gotta reboot once more after update, as some of that RAM got eaten distributing and compressing.
Pondering Arstechnica's descriptions, including compressing of all the files for Leopard-remains (within all? the cumulative storage of TMachine, I presume) -- it took quite a while for the TM processing of that 8 GB. No swinky messages, not even a small mew.

(Ordered O'Reilly's handy pocket-size Missing Manual; the full-size one just reminds of all the keen features I'm unlikely to use until … I later find it would have been tidier to have Known.) Too much information.

I WANT BACK all those wasted hours ever trying to get Beastware to approximate something-like predictable behaviour! and that, after those hours of locating drivers, following links re. Gotcha!s and.. the wholesale drudgery of just any Beast-install/fine-tuning/ ad-removal ad infinitum.
Where do I sue the M***********s?
(At even $1/ hour, still not chump change.)

THIS is how software is fucking Supposed To Work. Those Poor Bastards still toilinging in the salt mines of hi-tech design ignorance.. constantly a tad fearful that … Today! may be the next RRR.
It's like going from a Model A Ford with 500K miles on unpaved roads --> an Acura Plutocrat, the moonroof open and Nakariakov on the Cee Dee.
(Now neighbor gets to install on 2 nbs + older iMac, finally having grokked the unique completeness of Time Machine and how silly not to have it, so easily.)

I, Happy Camper
(Even the 'New' mail system properly massaged the files in ~ 10 seconds.)