IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I sold a few MegaCubes . . .
. . and a whole lot of Step desktops - enough to get an award from Everex. Unfortunately most of them went to one large company.

The company had a branch office and wanted to install a Step there, but Everex refused to provide on-site service in Santa Barbara - too far from their nearest office. The company turned to another brand for all their computers.

At about this time Everex went into serious decline.
New They had very little remote physical techs
They depended on vendors like you for the hands on.

My vendor was IFFY. On the other hand, run through the typical vendors. Highend enough to play with the BLEEDING edge, inexepensive enough to want to buy the non-Compaq system-pro alternatives. This would be an aspiring vendor, someone who is willing to take a risk on Tier-2, unable (or unwilling) to qualify for Tier-1.

The vendor in my area was about an hour away. They were N Jersey, I was S Jersey. There were no others that I was allowed to talk to, since I foolishly called them 1st. I would have preferred a PA/Philly area based vendor.

At that point, a service call would cost serious money if I was paying for travel time. I wasn't. This was all included in the quite reasonable (as compared to CPQ) price. Which meant for every blip on this brand-new system (ALR in this case, but same vendor for the cube) would then trigger at least a day effort on the vendor tech's part. They must have lost serious money when trying to install it over 3 months.

Did they call upon you to perform service calls on systems installed by some other vendor?

New No, they never called on me to perform service . . .
. . on any systems. They were attempting to set up their own service structure here in Los Angeles and didn't want mere dealers horning in on their contracts.
     Latest browser benchmarks on Winders. - (Another Scott) - (22)
         Hahaha he said: .... - (folkert) - (19)
             Bummer. - (Another Scott)
             Tales like this... - (pwhysall) - (8)
                 you is out of IT? - (boxley) - (7)
                     IT is in my job, but my job isn't IT. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                         Ah, like customer service at Verizon -NT - (drook)
                         s/managing/lowering/g :-) -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                             Isn't that always what it means? - (drook) - (2)
                                 IME, that is usually so. - (static)
                                 Not really - (pwhysall)
                         This sounds like something from "Office Space" - (beepster)
             One possible difference (minor to me) - (scoenye) - (8)
                 More info... - (folkert) - (7)
                     Drool.... - (scoenye)
                     Andrew... any comment on this? -NT - (folkert) - (5)
                         Well, my experience is in a rather different area. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                             Everex VS ALR - (crazy) - (3)
                                 I sold a few MegaCubes . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                     They had very little remote physical techs - (crazy) - (1)
                                         No, they never called on me to perform service . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         If you can live with the interface... - (pwhysall)
         This is why I won't support Windows servers. - (static)

I've fished dese ol' archives before and I'll fish em' again!
133 ms