IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Maybe this?
http://www.hammerzon.../window_cover.htm

It apparently works very well for him.

I haven't been able to find much about the light transmission properties of plastic films. Presumably the major benefit of any plastic sheeting will be to stop drafts and create a still air space - so if it looks clear it's good enough.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Serendipity -- thanks.
Been on my list for a while; this seems straightforward and inexpensive without needing to look cheap (you have to seal the wood anyway, so why not stain, sand, finish the sucker.)
New Wish I'd seen that five years ago
We've been doing the shrink-wrap routine for a couple of years now. Ruined the paint around one window, and by the end of the season there will be gaps all around the corners where the double-sided tape gives way. This looks relatively easy.

I've already got them wrapped for this year, but if we end up here for another winter I'll do these.
--

Drew
New back in the trailer in alaska
we would use visquine and duct tape in october around the inside of the windows. Since you live in an Apt has the landlord offered any suggestions? Or can you just turn the heat up?
New No apartment here
--

Drew
New sorry, was aiming at crazy
New Not exactly
But thanks. Been reading up on all kinds.
I don't mind ugly.
My apartment had a variety of windows and a sliding glass door.
It's got some serious drafting, but I like the fresh air most of the time.
I'd hate to seal it of permanently.
So I'm going to construct a variety of 1/2 inch PVC frames. Wrapped in plastic, they become the perfect insulation frames. Slap them in as needed, either inside the window area (side sealed) or simply velcroed to the interior wall, blocking the full window.

I can wrap them in fabric for light block and looks as needed and use them to block out the light for TV watching as well, swapping them for clear ones in the daylight.

PVC goes at $2.50 per 10', joiners and corners are 0.25 apiece. I can do this for about $5 per window.

Looking for info on plastic sheeting. - (crazy) - (9)
         Maybe this? - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Serendipity -- thanks. - (Ashton)
             Wish I'd seen that five years ago - (drook) - (3)
                 back in the trailer in alaska - (boxley) - (2)
                     No apartment here -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         sorry, was aiming at crazy -NT - (boxley)
             Not exactly - (crazy)
         What about this? - (static) - (1)
             Not enough light - (crazy)

I've got you in my hands.
44 ms