IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New what didnt help in the financial collapse
http://www.nytimes.c...ding.html?_r=1&em
“The simultaneous selling of securities to customers and shorting them because they believed they were going to default is the most cynical use of credit information that I have ever seen,” said Sylvain R. Raynes, an expert in structured finance at R & R Consulting in New York. “When you buy protection against an event that you have a hand in causing, you are buying fire insurance on someone else’s house and then committing arson.”
state gambling regulators should oversee these things and the feds should repeal any laws that stop state regulators from filing charges.
New Imagine if Spitzer hadn't been caught messing around. <sigh>
The Feds should be bringing something like RICO charges against some of these folks. But barring that, the NY AG should be all over it - I don't know what's taking Cuomo so long...

Cheers,
Scott.
New he is waiting until after the election? (gubernatorial)
New Eliminate short selling outright
That someone can make money on a downward trend, implying actual wealth is being lost, means money is being taken from someone else who knows less. It's just begging for those with advance information to legally rip off others, like Goldman Sachs did. In a ultra-competitive industry like banking, it's inevitable banks will legally abuse mechanisms as much as they can.

That is, if a mechanism can potentially be abused to rip off others financial institutions and destabilize the system with it, it [b]will[/b] destabilize the system. Therefore, the mechanism must be eliminated. This won't stop abuses but it will lessen the damage. All for the loss of the idea that you can make money from a company that is failing, not growing.
--------------------------------------------
Matthew Greet

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
New Eliminate naked short selling is enough
     what didnt help in the financial collapse - (boxley) - (4)
         Imagine if Spitzer hadn't been caught messing around. <sigh> - (Another Scott) - (1)
             he is waiting until after the election? (gubernatorial) -NT - (boxley)
         Eliminate short selling outright - (warmachine) - (1)
             Eliminate naked short selling is enough -NT - (boxley)

You're never too old to say "horses" when you drive past some horses.
81 ms